Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acid Reflux/Wind/Hunger/H Pylori

Question Acid Reflux/Wind/Hunger/H Pylori

I am currently awaiting test results for H Pylori as I have been suffering with bad acid reflux and indigestion so my DR sent me to hospital last week. I am taking 40mg of omeprazole a day and then magnesium tricylicate in the afternoons/evenings due to the acid coming back and its causing trapped wind making me feel hungry (this can happen about an hour after food and gets worse the more i try and ignore it).

I have a reletivly health diet (compared to what it was anyway lol)
    Cereal for breakfast
    Banana or Apple mid morning
    Cooked lunch - usually meat/fish with potato/rice and veg (I try to have the daily special in the work canteen)
    Yogurt mid afternoon soemtimes also a banana or apple
    Sandwich in the evening - usually ham or cheese sometimes dairylea
    Slice of toast for supper if i feel hungry

Occasionally i will have a packet of crisps as a little treat but these a few and far between - have given up all chocolate and bad fizzy drinks, no caffeine at all. I also try to go jogging for about 20 -30 mins most evenings. I tend to drink flavored carbonated water as plain water makes me feel sick and fruit juices aggrevate my stomach acid.

Im finding the constant hunger pangs very annoying and they can make me slightly anxious.

Does anyone else get this? any suggestions on what i can do to try and get rid of these hunger pangs?

at the rate im going i will end up putting all the weight i have worked hard to loose back on! :(
    Last edited by nhf; 13-07-11 at 15:27.

Re: Acid Reflux/Wind/Hunger/H Pylori

Anyone know how to stop the false hunger pangs?? x

I do get this a lot. Its weird because I have eaten not long ago, and it feels like painful wind which wont go until I eat.

My GP treated me for a possible Giardia. Just finished the course, but can already feel that same pain coming. It could be H Pylori, in which case it will answer the problem. Could be parasitic...could be anxiety and stress.

Hope the doc gets to the bottom of it for you

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thank you for the reply.

I have to ring for my test results this afternoon, part of me hopes it is H Pylori as at least then I can be treated - if its not then I have no idea what to do next!

This is the last part of what's keeping me anxious now, if this would pass i feel like I could finally move on!

Well I just called for my blood test results for h pylori - bloods were taken on 7.7.11 and they are still sat in the lab ( was told to ring the hospital ward in a few days to see if its been done..... more waiting

Quote Originally Posted by nhf View Post
    I am currently awaiting test results for H Pylori as I have been suffering with bad acid reflux and indigestion so my DR sent me to hospital last week. I am taking 40mg of omeprazole a day and then magnesium tricylicate in the afternoons/evenings due to the acid coming back and its causing trapped wind making me feel hungry (this can happen about an hour after food and gets worse the more i try and ignore it).

I have a reletivly health diet (compared to what it was anyway lol)
    Cereal for breakfast
    Banana or Apple mid morning
    Cooked lunch - usually meat/fish with potato/rice and veg (I try to have the daily special in the work canteen)
    Yogurt mid afternoon soemtimes also a banana or apple
    Sandwich in the evening - usually ham or cheese sometimes dairylea
    Slice of toast for supper if i feel hungry

Occasionally i will have a packet of crisps as a little treat but these a few and far between - have given up all chocolate and bad fizzy drinks, no caffeine at all. I also try to go jogging for about 20 -30 mins most evenings. I tend to drink flavored carbonated water as plain water makes me feel sick and fruit juices aggrevate my stomach acid.

Im finding the constant hunger pangs very annoying and they can make me slightly anxious.

Does anyone else get this? any suggestions on what i can do to try and get rid of these hunger pangs?

at the rate im going i will end up putting all the weight i have worked hard to loose back on! :(

i have settled my mind a little i have been asking every1 do you get constant hunger even after you have just eaten and most people look at me like am a fool lol but i get this all the time soon as i wake am hungry so i have breakfast then am hungry and so on just no matter what i eat it wont go and i get real anxious :( but i just had a smile while reading your post " trapped wind causing you to feel hungry" as i suffer with trapped wind 24/7 and i didn't no that this can be a cause for feeling hungry all the time ??
    but the constant hunger is driving me mad :( and the wind when it does break is really smelly (sorry) but i get so so anxious with it all

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    i have settled my mind a little i have been asking every1 do you get constant hunger even after you have just eaten and most people look at me like am a fool lol but i get this all the time soon as i wake am hungry so i have breakfast then am hungry and so on just no matter what i eat it wont go and i get real anxious :( but i just had a smile while reading your post " trapped wind causing you to feel hungry" as i suffer with trapped wind 24/7 and i didn't no that this can be a cause for feeling hungry all the time ??
    but the constant hunger is driving me mad :( and the wind when it does break is really smelly (sorry) but i get so so anxious with it all
    Hi Honey

Thanks for the reply!! i agree - the constant hunger is so snnoying, only reason i know its the wind causing it is that is what the dr at the hospital told me - its indigestion!! it mskes me soooo snxious sometimes tho

Still waiting for my H pylori test results

i have noticed that today i didnt take my omeprazole due to being sick all morning from a headache and i havent had any hunger pangs all day so now im wondering if its a side effect of the meds???

Hi there! We almost have exactly the same symptoms! It's been going on for a month now. I don't have any heartburns/chest pains/ acid to the throat though.

I posted my experience here:
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97947

Take time to read please?

Quote Originally Posted by nhf View Post
    Hi Honey

Thanks for the reply!! i agree - the constant hunger is so snnoying, only reason i know its the wind causing it is that is what the dr at the hospital told me - its indigestion!! it mskes me soooo snxious sometimes tho

Still waiting for my H pylori test results

i have noticed that today i didnt take my omeprazole due to being sick all morning from a headache and i havent had any hunger pangs all day so now im wondering if its a side effect of the meds???
    hi well i tried that i stopped taking my omeprazole and my wind and stomach troubles carried on i just don't no what to do anymore am sick of suffering everyday x
    did you get your H-Pylori results back ?

Hi Honey

Yes i had the results - they came back negative....

Dhalia - I will try the cutting out of the carbonated water - the reflux settled down a bit yesterday but i think that was due to the fact that i ate more yesterday than i have in a long time, my appetite feels like its returning a little!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information