Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irregular Periods

Irregular Periods

I came off the pill in February of this year and since then have had strange periods, my first one was around 25 days then was 17 days then 22 and then 18 days and now not had one since 31st May, is this normal? When i went to the doctors he said it could take 6 months or so for my body to get back to normal along with my periods. I am definately not pregnant, by the way am 38 years old and suffer with HA.

Thanks.

Re: Irregular Periods

will move to the correct forum

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks sorry

OMG thank you for posting...I didn't see anyone that is having a similar issue to me.

Same thing....went off pill....had a period once...then never again...its been almost 8 weeks since the last one....I stopped taking the pill about 3 months ago. This is driving me crazy...I am really anxious even though I know I am not pregnant.

How long were you on the pill for? 7 years for me. I never had irregular periods before taking it...did you?

Thank god i am not alone in this, i don't recall being irregular before hand, was on the pill for about the same time as you. Have you had any joy yet, message me if you want a more private chat.

Well I was hoping the anxiety would get a bit better....but sometimes I think it is worse. This weekend will be exactly 8 weeks...if I don't get anything by next week I am calling my doctor. I don't have any symptoms of PMS except being really irritable and having cramping. But nothing else happens....

Hi mine was 8 weeks yesterday, crazy isn't it, i think i will give another couple of weeks and go doctor then, how old are you? I think i am anxious about it which doesn't help, i thought it may have started on Friday as felt cramping but nothing happened.

I am 31. Not sure if its just my age or what. I am kind of worried now...I wasn't expecting this to happen at all. Sigh...I wonder if being on the pill so long messed everything up.

i am 39 and god knows i am getting worried myself now will leave a bit longer i soometimes feel i amn getting the pains but then nothing, strange discharge too sometimes helpppppppppppppp.

hey ladies i have ham anxiety for years and have now found out all my symptoms were from pmdd which can cause all sorts of symptoms which then lead to anxiety and depression it is such a relief to know its my hormones causing all this horrible thoughts and body symptoms this could be what you have not a doctor but does sound similar to me x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information