Thread: phobia in going home

Smile phobia in going home

Hi I have a phobia about going back to my house. I have been staying with my parents for six months, everyday is a constant battle, I went out today for a walk and it felt really strange the people the cars, I am scared I am going to stay this way, does anybody have any suggestions as to deal with this, its a vicious circle, i know sitting at my parents all day is not the answer and I so want to take that leap of going home but it scares me so so much, any suggestions would really be appreciated thanks

Re: phobia in going home

Quote Originally Posted by absolute nightmare View Post
    Hi I have a phobia about going back to my house. I have been staying with my parents for six months, everyday is a constant battle, I went out today for a walk and it felt really strange the people the cars, I am scared I am going to stay this way, does anybody have any suggestions as to deal with this, its a vicious circle, i know sitting at my parents all day is not the answer and I so want to take that leap of going home but it scares me so so much, any suggestions would really be appreciated thanks
    What is the rush in going home? if you are comfortable at with your parents and they are ok with you then why rush it, go home for one night a week to start with but try to get a friend to stay there with you and build up to staying longer, throwing yourself into going home may not be right for you? the outside world can seem pretty daunting after a depressive episode it all takes time but baby steps are the best option, just don't rush yourself into anything.

Dale

Re: phobia in going home

thanks very much for your suggestions your right what is the rush in going home!

Thread Information