Thread: Is there something wrong with my heart?

Unhappy Is there something wrong with my heart?

2 weeks ago I decided that I'd attempt to come off 20mg a day of escitralopram as felt it was a good time in my life to attempt it. anyway after a week of having just 10mg I felt hideous, shaking, dizzy, felt sick, sweating, head shocks, occasional palpitaions, upset tummy, cracking continuos head ache, need i go on.
    Anyway on monday evening the palpitations and headache intensified and i was awake until 5am trying to get through lots of panic attacks and what felt like continuous palps! I tried my very best to breath and relax, cough and sing, but they went on and on. At this point I decided to give up giving up and took the other 10mg of the tablet there and then and a full 20mg the next day. Ive taken 20mg a day since but I'm still having lots of palps! At least a few an hour and it's freaking me out and making me seriously anxious! whats happening to me????? is there something wrong with my heart?

Re: Is there something wrong with my heart?

I would say it was withdrawal and done too quickly to be honest. It has to be done very gradually.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Is there something wrong with my heart?

Id agree, withdrawal was too quick. The more you stress about the palps, the worse they seem to get. can you start withdrawal again...really slowly?

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information