Thread: What are headaches zaps?

What are headaches zaps?

Hi for 3 weeks now im having headaches also random hot patches on my head,my gp has checked me over a few times and says im ok,but they are not going away and im really worried,anyway i read alot on here about head zaps,i dont want to google,can someone descibe them to me please,thanks.

Re: What are headaches zaps?

I think head zaps is a very general and vague term used by a lot of people to describe a lot of different things. For me, it was an odd fleeting feeling when coming of an antidepressant a bit like a quick "buzzing" sensation in the head. For others it can be an odd sensation like a loud noise or bang (which isn't really there). Generally these sorts of things can be migraine related, or because of medication - or coming on/off it - but quite often just happen for no reason. They can be quite disconcerting but don't seem to be something the medical profession really considers serious.

Thanks for your reply.Im worried sometihng sinister is going on,i have weird sensations in my head,hard to describe them,hot feelings/heavy feeling behind ears/feel like something is moving around/feels like my hair has fallen on the side of my face when it hasnt.Ive saw my gp 4 times over the last 2 weeks and hes sure its anxiety but im still worried.

That doesn't sound very nice and is obviously worrying you a lot. Anxiety is one of those things that can cause a million and one different sensations or effects, and of course the more we worry the worse we get!

Have you come on or off any sort of medication? Have you made a change to your diet, or started taking (or stopped) any vitamins or supplements etc? Just thinking out loud really and trying to consider if it's anything obvious.

Hi,i stopped taking Pregabalin a few weeks ago,thats all that ive done thats different,i went to AE last friday they did routine bloodswhich were fine and did some basic neuro tests..its getting me down and im crying alot as im fearing the worst.

Did these symptoms start after you stopped taking Pregabalin? It could be linked to coming off that.

i had these starting on mertizapine for 4weeks it was the most painful thing ever every 2 mins lasting 5 secs no drug could stop them i cried so much, dreading coming off drug to feel them again

Thread Information