310 34.41%
  • never

18 2.00%
  • what are they

8 0.89%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: how many of us get funny heart beats

hi jodie
    i get between 500-700 most days and it doesnt seem to make much difference what i do or how much stress i have. i often get a continual bubbling sensatation in my chest too, be interested to know if anyone else gets this. i just keep telling myself they're not going to kill me and nothings as bad as it seems to be and ive just got to learn to live with it. im starting a new job soon after being off work for 6 months, i'm really praying i'll be ok

hi im joanne ive been having panic attacks for 5 years,i feel like my heart is missing beats everyday its really scary.ive had an ecg which came back normal but find it hard believing it!

HI,
    My hearts beating mad right now,it's tight and some pains.
    xx:(

e chant

God I didn't think anyone else suffered from this. I get the missed beat thing, not very often now I must admit, but I quite regularly have trouble getting to sleep now because of my heart, just when I'm at the stage of falling asleep my heart goes mad, it starts beating so fast and gets painful, but when I wake myself up and sit up it goes away straight away

hi,
    i get strange flutters from time to time and i remember my mother getting them too wen i was a child. i never knew why she looked so worried but i do now, it's scary and horrible.
    i went to the doctor about it once and he just said, oh it's stress' and told my kids to make sure they behave!!
    i wonder why it often starts when you rest/ go to bed because i have found that too.
    also, i have taken valerian tablets sometimes and i get it when i've taken them.

I get them almost daily and they feel like bubbling flutters and almost go up into my face like a *rush*. They are hard to explain but sounds like very common. I am doing good about ignoring them where as before it usually triggered a PA.

Hi Jodie,

Before I got diagnosed with anxiety, i ended up at the cardiologist thinking i had a heart defect. Now that I understand that it is just one of the horrible symptoms of anxiety, i can finally learn to deal with it.

I do get flutters most days (some much worse than others) but I have learnt to ignore them because i now know what it is.

CURLY

What about flutters when you overbreathe?
    does anyone get them then? when your struggling for air and you overbreathe?
    thanks x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Hi Jodie
    I get lots of missed beats. I can actually feel them when I take my pulse theres a gap. My dr told me it's stress!! I can go days and not get any and then other days get loads. I have had anxiety for years but the missed beat thing I have only had for about 6 months. I think that every now and again your body throws a new symptom at you just to keep you on your toes!! I have found I just ignore them as best I can, but it's not nice I know
    Wendy x

Oh yes, So glad to have found this site. Eptopics rule my life at the moment. Get them frequently, thuds,skips, flutters on a daily basis. Also been to G.P. numerous times, and told down to stress and anxiety. Had E.C.G done, as I was being hooked up to monitor I got nervous and so heart doing allsorts, did show on results but was told they were self induced because of panic. I am constantly checking my pulse for irregularities ( does anyone else do this?) And I am constantly reading up on heart defects and palpatations. So many of you are having the same symptoms as me, its so reasurring. But the one thing that stands out the most after reading all the posts on this subject, is that at some point we have all suffered or suffer with some form of anxiety. Be it health anxiety, stress, phobias or panic attacks. Therefore, we all know that this is only one of the distressing symptoms that are part and parcel of anxiety.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information