310 34.41%
  • never

18 2.00%
  • what are they

8 0.89%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: how many of us get funny heart beats

Shiv,

I get them almost every day. I was free of them for 2 days, then they returned, but that gives me hope. If it was true heart disease, I don't believe I would have good days. I went almost a year without them once before and recently about 3 months without them. I get hundreds of them daily some days, other days only a few. I think it coincides with stress levels. Sometimes abdominal bloating and gas brings them on. I notice the gas gets worse when I eat anything with refined sugar(e.g. candy, cookies etc.) If I relax enough they come less frequently and sometimes not at all. The key is to learn to relax even when you feel them. Think about how many times you have had them, and nothing ever happened to you. That seems easier said than done, but I have noticed a difference.

Mia

I get them all the time. I have to make myself not check my pulse as it only increases the worry and makes them worse. When I try to ignore them and concentrate on my breathing they seem to ease off.

I get the odd blip then rather than the full panic attack I had the other night - every time I nearly fell asleep exhausted I would feel another palpitation and start panicking again. But I am still here, it didn't kill me. I didn't need to go to hospital or anything so I guess I'm ok really.

In a way that has helped me, to feel so bad but be ok afterwards, apart from fear of fear, but even that is decreasing again now.

Lots of us seem to suffer from them, and its definitely reassuring to know we're all still around.

Lisa

Is there light at the end of the tunnel or is that an oncoming train?

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here I got the url form someone who is from this site, they visited another site that is for heart palpatation. I think it would greatly help anyone who has that problem with palpatations, as well as this site would be excellent for those who have palps and lots of anxiety. I too, have these palps and I am so happy to find this site! Lately I have been suffering from extreme anxiety, always feeling like something is about to happen. I cannot relax and the more tense I get the more the palps start. A terrible cycle indeed.

here is the site:
    http://www.resonancedirect.com/cgi-b...geindex;start=

Thanks and I hope to learn a lot about helping my anxiety here.

Thank you all
    greeg

Hi Jodie
    Yes I get these too, and the more I think about it, the more I seem to get them. Sometimes I get the fluttery feeling but when I check my pulse its actually normal, which is really odd.
    Jo x

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

i get them every day. I know that everyone says don't worry but honestly dont.
    I got mine 10 years ago whilst working as a personal fitness instructor. I was 21 fresh out of university and a sub 4 minute mile runner. They can get anyone at any time. Fitness is not this issue. Trust me i know.

Acept them, it helps to not slow down too fast. If you are busy or working hard, then wind down, dont just stop, cut out the things that get your body over excited, caffine and fizzy drinks dont help. You dont have to stop, just cut down, plenty of water and dont be affriad to exercise. There is about a 3rd of the people have a heart related condition, Either Ectopics like us or simular none threating conditions like sinus erithmar. (sounds bad and propbably spelt wrong) this is when your heart speads up as you breath in and slows down as you breath out. You probably have this too but you never knew it. It the same respect alot of others have Ectopic beats and dont even know it. Rest assured your not alone, You where right to get checked but wrong to worry. Carry on and dont let it take over.

yorkie

Hi!
    About fluttering heart (and telephones)
    I get flutters when the phone rings... I don't quite know why.
    I tried to change to a 'friendly' soft ring-tone.. to reduce this.
    Half the time I just don't even pick up the phone when it rings.
    If I feel stressed out, I turn it off all together so as not to have to hear it. (If I want to speak to somebody, I can always call them myself, although I don't like calling people so much either - apart from very good friends).

I am a professional with a "good" job, so at work I do of course make calls when I have to for work situations. And obviously I pick up my work phone if it rings. But I often try to get away with emailing or get a junior person to do whatever needs doing on the phone.

Phones just make me nervous and I don't know why. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Ariella

Hi Jodie

I get them every day have done for 5yrs now.

linda xx

I get them every day and most often at night, as I'm laying down to sleep. I fear not waking up and have to say a specific thing to enable me to drift off to sleep otherwise the panic will keep me awake.

Hi,i've had fluttering heart beats since i was a child,spent a lot of my childhood in and out of hospitals,my mother was told i was an anxious and highly strung child!!I don't want to scare anybody...but when i was 34 i found out that that wasn't the case and that i was actually born with a heart defect...had two heart surgeries since then!!Please dont always take your dotors opinion that its all stress and anxiety...please please get them to fix you with a heart monitor for 24 hours and this will determine the problem.I really hope i havent caused anyone more anxiety but felt i needed to tell you all.My doctor had me on valium and many other medications over the years that i didnt need!

thanx marie x

Hi, results are interesting! I get them every day, sometimes loads, sometimes few. Terrify me every time though.

Angie x

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information