Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a form of OCD; if so; what is it?

Is this a form of OCD; if so; what is it?

Hello everyone ; i am new here ; I am looking for some information regarding OCD.

Is there a certain OCD condition where people with OCD and anxiety, look at another individual, and feel if they dont perform a ritual, then they will become like that person they looked at? That person could be a complete stranger, or it could be someone the person with OCD, knows.

Also, again, is there a form of OCD where someone looks at an object and relates it to someone they know, who maybe uses a product, or has that object, and then thinks they will become like them, because the person with OCD knows, that individual uses that object or product?

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.

Re: Is this a form of OCD; if so; what is it?

Hi ,Please look at this link it may help answer your questions .

www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

Sue

Thanks for the reply; not sure that actually says anything relating to the form of OCD i was mentioning in the original message.

Thanks for the reply though; very informative link.

Hi,
    That link was helpful too me too thank you, i'm soo classic, by the book OCD it's untrue. I used to torture myself for it, now i'm learning to accept my condition for what it is.
    I thought associating a product with a person was a normal brain function, when i see my gran i always think about a clay tiger she used to have on her fireplace as a child, is that the sort of thing you mean?
    But OCD can affect you in so many different ways, that you don't even realise, any chance you can elaborate as i'm really interested?
    Thanks Nik

No not really.

I mean, if i relate a product or an object to someone that i know uses that product or has that object, i wanted to know if there is a form of OCD which represents thoughts of becoming 'like' that person in their traits ; personality ; etc... i know it sounds a little strange.

Its just obsessional/irrational thoughts Katchit .These are not necessarily OCD ..performing rituals that stop you from leading a normal life and hindering it are tho .Not everything fits neatly into a box with these type of problems .Only a Psychiatrist can properly diagnose you .Lots of things can appear to be OCD ,BUT ARE NOT ..Some are just simply Anxiety..Glad the Link helped ..t/c Sue
    Last edited by suzy-sue; 18-07-11 at 19:36.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    Its just obsessional thoughts Katchit .These are not necessarily OCD ..performing rituals that stop you from leading a normal life and hindering it are tho .Not everything fits neatly into a box with these type of problems .Only a Psychiatrist can properly diagnose you .Lots of things can appear to be OCD ,BUT ARE NOT ..Some are just simply Anxiety..Glad the Link helped ..t/c Sue
    Thanks again for your reply Sue ; i know and appreciate that not everything that goes through everyones mind ; is going to be able to have a group which specifically links to those areas of thought.

It is just a strange thought process thats all ; and wondered if there was anything similar or any information regarding what it could be.

I will try to find something but it will be like looking in a haystack .A lot of thoughts just happen ,and will just come under a general Category tho. Sue

Thanks again Sue.

I appreciate that ; if there is any information or reading on similar thought processes ; please post the websites ; it would be useful to read.

www.stuckinadoorway.org/forums You may find a lot of help on what you are talking about here .I will still try to find some more info tho ..Sue x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information