Thread: Creative solutions!

Smile Creative solutions!

I thought I'd start this post to use for any creative approaches to fighting our anxieties! Plus, I've always found getting my creative hat on always manages to distract my mind for a few welcome moments! Please feel free to leave any ideas you may have, however ambitious or minor they may be!

My first project will be making a 'happy thoughts' box which I will fill up with individual small cards. Each of these mini cards will have happy thoughts and memories written on them so I can just dip into the box when I'm feeling like I need a little support and choose at random, hopefully helping to focus my mind on the good times! :-)

Re: Creative solutions!

I save all my nice text messages that I get and keep them in a folder on my phone. Reading messages of support and thanks can really help when you're feeling low and remind you you're not alone. I also made a small photobook of me and 2 friends and a really fab day we had, so I can keep looking at that to make me smile

Creative writing helps me out lots. It's good just to imagine I'm someone else for a while, and I like to write things about how I wish my life could be sometimes. I also write stories about things that have happened to me. It's good to read through them sometimes.

I don't have so much time to write anymore, but being depressed often acts as a muse for my writing. I have a better imagination when I'm down, so I try to write a little now and then.

I took up art in my late teens and never been creative since, now I'm back being creative drawing and painting. You know what ? I don't know why I gave it up I really enjoy it.

I find that I think a lot in the car on my way home from work. The anxiety builds through my whole car ride home! So instead I play songs on my ipod that I love to sing with and sing at the top of my lungs. Not only does it keep me from thinking, but also helps just put me in a good mood!

I took up cross stitch because as it makes you have to concentrate and I forget how I feel. Since them I've started using my sewing machine a bit more, I'm in a phase of making patchwork cushions at the moment. Just looking at something I've made makes me great and its good to give away as gifts to people.

I love to draw and paint, arrange flowers, make soap, and candles. In the autumn I make Chutney, Im getting into gardening. I only had 6 tomatoes off my plant this year due to the wind and storms, but its a start!

I love messing around with aromatherapy oils, in massage bars, in the bath, making up smells I like.

My passion is cooking. It keeps me sane. I have friends over as often as I can, and am currently obsessed with Carribean and Greek.....x Every meal I make for hubby is done with love, and its great to experiment and try new things. Even if I cant travel to a country, I can taste a country.

I love this thread, always gives me inspiration, and cheers me up just looking at it!

LucyLiz, I love your idea of a happy thoughts box, I will definitely try that idea!

lizzie29, That idea is so so simple, but I can see it would be quite effective! Definitely another idea I will be trying for myself!

Everyone's ideas are great to be honest, but those two are the ones I'm going to try out first.

Sometimes, I just look at my old school metronome haha it helps me meditate and focus. I set it relatively slow around 60-80 beats per minute.

Sometimes I write songs haha I was really self conscious about singing some of them and writing the lyrics and stuff. But once I got over that, all the songs I wrote no matter how bad they were really spoke to me because they were really honest. Songs are like talking diaries haha, but it's easier to remember the feeling because of the melodies whether they're sad or happy. And looking back at them and comparing how I feel now and how I felt back then really puts things into perspective.

I also sing in the car when I get nervous haha it really helps

Thread Information