Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad taste, especially when turning my head??

Bad taste, especially when turning my head??

So for a few months now on and off I've noticed this really funky taste in my mouth. It's not a metallic or tinny taste like some of you describe with anxiety. It's a bad breath kinda taste, like sulfuric almost. My teeth were cleaned a few months ago, and are cleaned regularly now, and I brush twice a day and floss once a day. Once really freaking me out is that now I've noticed that it happens specifically if I turn my head to the left. I first noticed this about a week ago. If I turn my head to the left and breathe out through my nose slowly I can taste the nasty taste in my mouth. It doesn't happen when I turn my head to the right. It is -really- working me into a panic. I'm scared I have some kind of tumor somewhere causing it, or a brain injury. Or maybe it's because of bad kidney/liver function and is coming from inside of me. But then why is it only when I turn my head one way. Or.. maybe I'm just completely crazy, which also scares me. :( Anyone else dealt with anything similar? I also notice that the deeper the twist the more taste I tend to get. I'm so scared. :( But I'm also afraid to go to more doctors and get more tests I don't need when I have no insurance and am trying to save for my wedding in October. I told my fiance about the taste and he was pretty much like "do you even hear yourself?" ... because he's fairly over my hypochondria and is used to hearing things like this. We've been together 8 years. I always worry that this time it's something serious and no one will believe me because I've cried wolf too much. :(

Re: Bad taste, especially when turning my head??

and I just found this thread on dental fear central with someone else having the exact same symptoms.. but there's only one response and no follow up. :(

http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/for...taste-in-mouth

Hiya, do you think you may be over-cleaning your teeth? I read somewhere that you shouldn't use mouthwash excessively as it can cause all kinds of problems :( It does sound like an anxiety/hypochondria thing though ( this coming from an over-anxious hypochondriac): It takes one to know one... my boyfriend switches off now when I'm I go off on one... I would think it's pretty boring and frustrating for our partners having to hear the same old stories from us :( Doesn't stop me feeling bloody frustrated with him though!! Take care

I don't think it's over cleaning, since I don't believe over cleaning could cause a bad taste. Also, the taste seems to maybe be coming from my insides or throat instead? I can't really tell. The head turning part is what scares me the most.. I keep thinking about what kind of problem could there be that is only triggered by that, and I come up with horrible scenerios. I only brush twice a day and I make sure not to do it too hard and I brush for 2 minutes each time. I use mouth wash about twice a day and I floss at night. As far as I know I do everything to a "T" without going over board. A year or so ago my dentist told me I had some root exposure due to brushing to hard (which is really common) so since then I've used a soft bristle brush and I've made sure to brush slightly longer instead of harder (which is what's recommended).

It could be a sinus related problem maybe but so hard to diagnose as I am not a doctor of course

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had similar symptoms and it was a sinus infection. Talk to your GP
    X

I have no congestion or pain though... : /

You may not do. It could be a post nasal drip

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I thought about that, but then why only when I turn to one side?? Also, I don't notice any nasal drainage either. Uhg.. I just spent an hour crying out of frustration with the panic.

I really don't know cos I am not a doctor and this isn't a medical site so sorry I can't help more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information