Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad taste, especially when turning my head??

Re: Bad taste, especially when turning my head??

I've had all my metal fillings removes and replaced with composites..
    The doctor saw no signs, nor do I have enough symptoms for sinus infection
    My gums were deep cleaned 3 months ago and I brush twice and floss once daily.

This is part of why I'm so baffled.

Also, as i mentioned, this is not a metallic taste like people describe with anxiety or acid
    reflux.. this is a foul taste.

You need to get out of this cycle.
    Firstly, you are not in any pain, and if there was anything really wrong you would be in lots of pain. Secondly, you will notice that if you didn't keep "testing" by turning your head to funny angles to experience it, you wouldn't have a problem. If you were to treat your neck normally it might go. You must see this as a funny little occurance that ha crept in to yor life and is not causing you any trouble. I know I get loads of wierd tastes and sensations as my sidom teeth are growing through, but lots of other unexplainable sensations that have no explanation. You must accept its there and leave it at that. If anytthing were wrong, your body would let you know with more alarming signals. Until then, you are fit and healthy.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Exclamation Re: Bad taste, especially when turning my head??

I dunno...

I can tell you something. I had the exact same thing, I kept getting this strange taste in my mouth from time to time and only when leaning my head to the right.

It didn't worry me and I finally found out it was Tonsillolith... These things are not harmful at all and I actually just coughed it up.

Thank you PanchoGoz, that is what I'm trying to so, it's just so hard sometimes.

and lleksam, the symptoms I'm describing do fit tonsilloliths, which is what myself and the doctor both said... but I do not have tonsils. So, he said it's impossible for me to have tonsil stones.

Okey,

PanchoGoz is right.

Been on antibiotics for 5 days now with no improvement. Then, the last 2 mornings, I woke up with an ammonia/urine type smell in my nose. These two factors combined have me pretty convinced I have a brain tumor or something equally serious. I keep thinking "if antibiotics arent fixing it... it's not an infection... so it must be __insert terrible thing___" ....... it's been weeks now with this being the only thing on my mind. I can't enjoy anything normally because the thought is always lingering. :(

and my fiance is completely "done" with me right now. I've been driving him crazy. He is convinced that it's all in my head and that I've probably just "suddenly realized what my own normal breath/taste is like". I say to him "then why would it only be on one side"?? He takes the antibiotics not changing it as proof "nothing is wrong".... I take it as proof it's something worse.

sigh
    Last edited by MandySlade; 31-07-11 at 22:23.

This wound up randomly vanishing one day about 3 weeks ago, making me the happiest person alive. Then.... yesterday.... it came back. :( I've been to the dentist... they didn't find anything specifically wrong. Regular DR has no clue. Says it can't be a tonsil stone without tonsils. I'm so very over it... and scared. :( It's making me crazy. I thought it was gone for good. So weird because it was constant every day for like 6 weeks... and then BAM ..woke up and it was gone. Stayed gone 3 weeks and then... BAM back again. What the hell? It makes me feel crazy because no one has a clue what's going on.

>>>___<<< worse today. I wish anyone had a similar experience. :(

I'm sorry you have this :( must be driving you crazy and I do belive you.
    When you get the bad taste have you asked anyone to smell your breath?
    Have you had a swab of your mouth taken to test for bacteria?
    Have you tried all kinds of mouthwashes? I hear aloeverra is good.

Maybe try post on health boards . com , they have all sorts of odd health problems over there.

Yeah, I've been on a lot of boards, no one knows. The only thing I keep telling myself is if it went away for 3 weeks... it couldn't be cancer or anything serious.

right?

I have extremely good oral hygiene. I use colgate total and listerine twice a day and I floss every night. My fiance says I don't have bad breath. I've asked him -repeatedly-.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information