Thread: 'ello

'ello

so i think it's safe to say that i'm new to this site. i wanted to step out and say hi to you all here. it's sure nice to find a place where i'm not the black sheep that's constantly misunderstood. can't stand constant battles when others don't take a walk in my shoes and make some effort around me.

ought to end the rant before it gets going

anyways, i don't think i've actually said this before: i'm depressed. i think i have anxiety too. i don't take medication because i don't believe in traditional medication. (just my personal preference, no offense to those that do) i prefer alternative options.. though i haven't actually tried anything.. yet. i'm considering yoga, getting caffeine out of my diet (i drink too much coffee and recently cola.. which is gross, now that i actually say this aloud) time to revert back to my healthy smoothies... UGH. and well, when i gather the strength, to get my butt back out there moving around.

i'm tired, emotionally and mentally. physically too. i just ran a 5k two years ago for goodness' sake! and now i can't even bring myself to walk around the block since well, i feel too tired and i don't really want to deal with other people. people have been annoying me so much lately, moreso than usual. i feel fed up with how everyone is so consumer-driven and money hungry and wasteful and greedy and always wanting bigger, better, more more more.

....yeah.

so, hi. nice to know ya.

Hi anomaly

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: 'ello

Welcome to the site!
    I understand what you mean about being tired!
    Anxiety and depression are both physically and mentally draining!
    It does sound like you are starting to formulate a plan to tackle your issues and that is a wonderful step in the right direction. Remember it's a process and not everything you try will be successful. Don't lose hope or determination!!!
    If you need support or have questions, post on the site!
    There are loads of people who have been where you are now and will support you and give great advice!
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Hi 'ello
    Im liking your'e thinking..... I also want to try alternative therapy/med's whatever you want to call it, have been offered all sorts of med's to help...but never been a pill taker so trying to cure myself with positive thinking, self motivation and alternative remedies
    i.e oils, relaxation tapes etc...I am new to anxiety so could get this wrong but believe its a positive start.

I truly believe you do whats right for you.

So keep us posted and good luck I hope all goes well with you oh and

Hi there. I know exactly how you feel about being tired. My work is sedentary as in I sit in front of the computer all day but I feel soooo tired at night. Mentally, I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted trying to fight my constant worries. And I know getting irritable is one of the symptoms of anxiety and I have been feeling incredibly irritable lately. I don't want to take pills right now, I only take them for when I have to get on a plane. The rest of the time, I try to make do with just letting the feeling eventually wash over me or trying some deep breathing. I have recently decided that I want to try seeing a counsellor, haven't really made any appointments yet though.
    So yeah, I hope you take it one day at a time, accept the good days and bad days.

Thread Information