Thread: I cant handle it anymore! Please help me :(

Unhappy I cant handle it anymore! Please help me :(

Hello everyone
    I hope someone out there can help me or reasure me, I cant handle much more...
    I've been having ALOT of palpitations since last tuesday evening and it's freaking me out, I'm losing count of how many I have an hour.
    What started this is a week before that tuesday I decided to drop my does of escitralopram from 20mg to 10mg. I had a week of feeling hideous and then on the tuesday night it just got too much, my head felt like it was going to explode and I was having continuous palps, although i was not panicking. They were just concerning me. So that night I decided I couldn't cope and nect morning took 20mg again, I have done for the last week but am still having a stupid amount of palps even though i'm not panicking!?
    Have i damaged my heart? Should I call an ambulance? Please help...

Re: I cant handle it anymore! Please help me :(

They are completely harmless. Have a read of the palpitations website on the left to explain it all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

no hun you have a bad case of the anxiety and panic attacks same as me today feel ok one minute and as soon as i feel better bam it hits me again its bloody awful but it will pass and i just keep tellin myself its its just anxiety does not make me feel any better just have to wait for it too pass which seems forever x

Thank you both for your replies. The thing is I'm not panicking, they've been continuous for a week now, they are just scaring me and I dont know what to do :(

you don't have to be panicky to have palps luv anxiety does it coz its always in the back of your mind that's why its always their ready to surface into a full blown attack like me now been ok but know i got to get to doctors and legs like jelly heart racing although my breathing seems normal x

yep mine's been like that for over a week now when i go to bed i can tell it more... I have felt relaxed the last few night's but still getting the palp's i guess you might be worrying about something even tho its right at the back of your mind?

thats how i felt recently, constantly feeling my heart beat all day with no reason why it should be so started taking 1 20mg ever day instead of every other day.

Thread Information