Thread: lavender

Red face lavender

Hi I use Lavender oil ALOT. on my pillow and breathe in deeply seems to aid sleep and also at the same time calms my breathing.

burn in various rooms of the house ....really calming

directly on wrist (pulse) to calm palpitations and general attacks.

maybe all be psychological and not for everyone but if it works great.

another mad tip I do is put my fav tunes on very loud sing at the top of my voice and dance. have no neighbours and my kids think I'm crazy but we all end up laughing! xx

has anyone else got great tips that work for them never mind how silly...you never know?
    Last edited by carefree68; 18-07-11 at 19:58. Reason: no replies

Re: lavender

Im sorry, its me again x Hi x (Im not stalking you I promise) x
    Im a huge fan of aromatherapy as everyone knows! I make the aromatherapy soaps for sale in the NMP shop. Lavender is a favourite. Must have gone through oh....50 bottles this past year! Use it in my burner, massage, soaps, pillow, just on my hands

One of my favourite tips......trick your brain!
    When you are CALM..lie on the bed and close your eyes. Make sure the room is cool and you are wearing comfy clothes. Put some lavender in your hands and rub together to warm up and release the smell.......
    Inhale (not too deeply (coughing fit!) and as you do so in you head or out loud say "I AM LOVED, I AM SAFE" or something simliar, like a memory of a happy time, a childs face........do it for at least 15 mins as often as you can.

Next time panic/anxiety hits get out your lavender. Your brain will have made the very strong association with the smell of lavender and feelings of calm, serene, happy, loved.............it really works and I have got my panics from vomit, diahorrhoea, paranoid crawling around screaming for hospital, retching, sweating, 3 hours of hell to......oh...about 20 mins of unpleasantness, which I listen to the radio, rebreathe with lavender....and its over.

Neroli good too, but can cause feelings of euphoria, and fits of giggles. Has been know to induce housework in males if taken often.

me too., even the colour relaxes me.
    I have a lavender plant in my garden which I like to pick from time to time to smell it : )

Hi Paula just read your message, x lol x you make me laugh. I am grateful for any advice you have to give its been great talking to you. I will certainly take those tips on board. Im off to Italy on Sun for a few weeks and have already packed my little bottle of Lavender oil (omg its a life saver). Have tried the relaxation tip you mention but not quite working yet...takes a little patience I should imagine? Love the sound of Neroli, do you think my husband would notice if I put a few drops in his morning cuppa....cause the house is a mess!! x lol

I have had the funniest day though went to docs and you would not believe what the tested for.....Pregnancy ...Yep! (negative thank goodness) but you know when you think seriously what else can you throw at me (long story......trying to find the funny side of it)!

Thanks Paula, just typing this message makes me feel better. xx
    Last edited by carefree68; 19-07-11 at 20:10.

Have a WONDERFUL holiday, Im sooo jelous! Let us know how you get on, enjoy x

Thread Information