Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS/anxiety flare up?

Red face IBS/anxiety flare up?

Since last night I had some biscuits I had a spell of diarrhea when I was i9n the toilet half an hour and lay in bed feeling uncomfortable. It's went on into today been once but been going back in short spells where it's been a tiny bit of diarrhea more liquid and my backside is burning up.

Is it an IBS flare up?

Re: IBS/anxiety flare up?

Yes most probably.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Maybe you should give the biscuits a miss?

i can't eat certain biscuits/chocolates/ice-cream as it kicks my stomach off to xx

Rather than make a new post I was also going to ask other than the odd flare up have..sometimes now I can hold the toilet in all day being out and not feel that urge to go plus I get days with a hard stool rater than the daily diarrhea I still get may days where I feel incomplete which still cause me a little health anxiety.

It sounds silly but is it progress? The flare up was from a job interview. Is holding it in covering the problem or like less anxiety it's normal?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Rather than make a new post I was also going to ask other than the odd flare up have..sometimes now I can hold the toilet in all day being out and not feel that urge to go plus I get days with a hard stool rater than the daily diarrhea I still get may days where I feel incomplete which still cause me a little health anxiety.

It sounds silly but is it progress? The flare up was from a job interview. Is holding it in covering the problem or like less anxiety it's normal?
    This is all normal the bit i hate here is the feeling like i need to go again & again just the feeling of bein incomplete and i don't really need to go but that feeling lingers on all day :(

Well had another flare up..STILL not 100% accepting it's anxiety or IBS triggered

At work my bowels have been fine as the past few months I've managed to hold it in for a while I felt this constant urge to go and it was diarrhea now I seldom get diarrhea so that's a positive.

However I still get loose, mushy stools I find this most frustrating as for like 24 hours or a whole day I walk about feeling I need, usually if I go it's solid and nod diarrhea but sometimes it's mostly just tiny bits or stains. I was at work tonight getting anxious over it like why me? I'm not nervous not ate anything too unusual to even trigger today's episode. I got freaked out when I went to the toilet and scrapped too hard and it was all red blood for a little bit.

Now I was going every day at one stage, managed to settle it to a day I'd not need a bowel movement atall and now it's about two..so perhaps it's settling however I still ask WHY? I don't even feel it's well documented anxiety affects your bowels..maybe I'm not looking enough? Just keep feeling it's serious..I hate people talking about anything bowel related or health because automatically I question..or almost believe I've got it..

Does it sound normal? How can I accept it's anxiety I just feel it's a major issue..

Also my self confidence is low because of thus and my anxiety. I feel feel like an old pensioner with bowel trouble and sometimes I feel tired that makes me worry more and I'm only 22 but still feel so old. I feel if I get a girlfriend I'd be ashamed of these issues at my age..will it come to a point where the bowel issues settle right down? It's been going on about a year. I am tyring to add fruit and healthier things to settle the bowels.. what I and I try to relax and and exercise too?

Anybody help?

I lay in bed until 3.3am last night and I googled and I'm scared again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    There is so much information about anxiety and bowel problems being linked, I'm amazed you can't find it anywhere.

Have a read of this: http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome-...l-syndrome.php
    No but will have a look later.

It's just this "what if" once I google.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    No but will have a look later.

It's just this "what if" once I google.

am the same Phil its all what if this what is its not ibs etc i hate it and lately i am suffering bad wind it kills my stomach gives me bad head & nausea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information