Thread: Worried??!!

Worried??!!

hi, i have had a dull ache in my upper right abdomen for about 6 weeks now, its it intermittent and i put it down to me starting the gym and play a lot of golf. The doctor said she thought it was a pulled muscle but i have no pain when i press the spot?? Anyway for a week now its been aching all over my stomach and iv felt very sick, My bowel habbits have changed im going all the time but not passing much just ribbon like stools. I find my self so hungry but my stomach is so uncomfortable it feels like theres a belt round it and im starting to get worried that i have cancer now :-( I have lost a stone since starting the gym and playing gold 3 months ago but im thinking the weight loss may be down to this problem? Any advice very welcome.

Re: Worried??!!

Now I'm even more worried the doc has sent me for blood tests and iv had to do a stool sample.

Symptoms like these are are present with IBS ..The ribbon stools are due to constipation..Increase your intake of fibre and drink more water based drinks .Once you start to have different types of stools ,you wont feel sick and the pressure will be alleviated .They send you for tests just to rule other things out .As this is the best way to diagnose IBS or similar probs .Nothing you have written suggests anything I havnt had either at some point .I do have bouts of IBS AND HAD ALL THE TESTS TOO ..try the diet changes and im sure you will improve ..T/c Sue x

Thanks Sue went the docs this morning and there sending me for an abdominal ultrasound now so im even more worried as i still have the ache/pain in my upper right quadrant :-(

I had an abdominal ultrasound which came back normal thankfully but im still feeling the ache, I got so tired of not being active so i went to play golf yesterday and it does help me have a really good sleep but as soon as i wake im waiting for the ache to start again and my head is fixated on it and then sure enough the ache and upset stomach have started aswel just cant get it out of my head iv got something seriously wrong and the longer i leave it or its undiagnosed its going to be to late :-(

I really wouldn't worry about the doc sending you for tests, IBS is usually diagnosed when everything else is ruled out which is why they're testing you.

Really don't underestimate how bad IBS can make you feel, I know it can feel scary and that it MUST be something else, but it's a massively common problem. Before we got together, my boyfriend sufferend and had all the tests because he was terrified he had something bigger. Once he accepted it was IBS he started to recover. This has helped me in handling my IBs problems and am starting to worry less too.

Thread Information