Thread: Worry over haemorrhoid banding

Unhappy Worry over haemorrhoid banding

Hi,
    I'm Rose and on Friday this week I am having a colonoscopy. My consultant is 99% sure that the occasional bleeding I am experiencing is due to haemhorroids and that it would be best to band them while I am under sedation and have pain relief during the colonoscopy procedure.
    My concerns are with the after effects of the 'banding' I have freqent urinary tract infections and am concerned as it mentions a small risk of urinary problems afterwards. My consultant confirms it is a small risk but won't guide me on whether I should have the banding procedure done or not.
    I also have Multiple Sclerosis and am concerned about the effect of the procedure generally on my health.
    My haemorrhoids are bothering me more frequently and my doc says it would be better to have it done as I may have to have further colonoscopies if I continue to have problems with bleeding and the haemorrhoids haven't been taken out of the equation.
    Anyone had this procedure done or have any advice for me. I am going mad obsessing about this.
    Best wishes to you all
    Rose.

Re: Worry over haemorrhoid banding

I will move this somewhere else for you so you get more replies

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Worry over haemorrhoid banding

I had mine injected not banded without issue but I would get them done cos mine are now external so cannot be fixed.

Best to get them treated now to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information