Thread: Hi Ladies...

Hi Ladies...

I'm a bit of a health anxiety freak but I also have a fear of medication...I'm constantly worried that I'm going to have a severe allergic reaction and die because of it..even tho I have never had a very severe reaction to anything!!!

I'm currently freaking out because my husband and I are trying to conceive a baby with the help of our doctor, and I'm scheduled to go in tomorrow morning to have an hgc trigger shot so we can have our IUI on Friday...

I'm TOTALLY freaking out about the shot even tho hcg is a natural hormone produced during pregnancy!! I'm totally scared that something weird will happen and I'll be a freak statistic or something!! I read that women can get OHSS which can be (rarely) fatal! I don't think I'm at risk for it because I'm not taking other meds...but I can't get it out of my head!!!

Please please please talk me out of freaking out! I want to have a baby so bad, but I'm so scared of getting this shot...I don't want to be freaked out and risking my chances of conceiving because I'm too stressed

Re: Hi Ladies...

Hi Hellokitty, I think you need to have a lengthy chat with your doctor to enable you to make an informed choice about whether to go ahead with the shot. Its in your hands at the end of the day, and Im sure once youve been given all the info and voiced your concerns you'll be able to decide. I wish you all the very best for the future.

Thank you dear! I will be discussing it with him tomorrow and hopefully he will make me thing rationally lol

I know that I freak out because I let my mind run around like crazy!!!!!!

Hi there I have had IUI treatment in the past four treatments at a London clinic before successful IVF treatment at a leading teaching hospital in London. I don't know the full facts of your fertility treatment but I'll try to respond as best I can. The injection of HCG will release the egg (s) so that hopefully when mixed with your husbands sperm then fertilisation might occur. You have every right to fear OHSS which can occur if you have produced too many egg containing follicles. Your doctor should be scanning you to see how many eggs might be released. If there are too many he can withold the final injection. You might be given an information sheet about OHSS and what to do if you think this might be developing. Unfortunately I did suffer from this complication but was hospitalised and put on a drip. I was misinformed about my treatment at the time. My experience of IVF was much more successful. I was in danger of hyperstimulation as I have PCOS. This time I was given albumin and addition IV fluids after egg collection. Try to relax after the IUI and take it easy. My first attempt at IVF was successful and my son is now thirteen. PM me if you have any questions and try not to worry. OHSS is very rare. I had it and it is worth being aware of it especially if you are at risk of developing it. EJ

ElizabethJane thank you so much for your reply!! It's very informative and helped me relax a bit!

I'm on my first cycle of unmedicated IUI since I ovulate on my own...so I only have two follicles that look good to release an egg I will be getting a scan before my injection, so I'll be sure to ask him about it even tho I'm a bit embarrassed to admit about my anxiety worries lol

I don't think I'm high risk, but I will definitely go over it with him and see what he has to say after my scan.

I'm sorry you had a hard time with OSHH but I'm very happy that all went well for you and you had a successful IVF!!!

Thanks again for your help!!!

Thread Information