Thread: life insurance

life insurance

two posts in one night......... now thats special

Just tried to take out a new life insurance policy - put depression down on the form and the fact I was taking cit and no-one will touch me!

Spoke to the IFA and he said that none of his clients have ever said anything before.......... which either means he has a naturally happy bunch of customers or someones lying.

Anyone else experienced this?

Re: life insurance

Hi, not for life insurance but for other insurance. I went to a financial planner and she suggested me to supplement my works LTD benefits with this additonal plan. But once I got to the part where I checked depression/anxiety and on medication, she said we won't bother with submitting an application as I won't be approved.

Hi, I was in the process of renewing mine, my insurance is for my mortgage and I have just received the paperwork from them asking me to sign authorisation for my medical records It does say that they will ask for a report from my Dr and it does state that they will ask for information on mental health, quote " anxiety, depression, neurosis ( such as phobias, obsessions and so on ) psychosis, stress or fatigue"
    "Suicidal thoughts or attempts at suicide"
    They also want to know any periods off work for sickness and seen as I've been sign off with depression for the last 4 weeks it doesn't look too good.
    So as you can guess I will not be renewing mine! it's bad enough feeling this way without being penalised for it.
    Hope you get yours sorted

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2201189

try reading and asking here. There might be more people that can help.

I managed to get it sorted - there are some special terms (wont pay out in the event of a stress/ depression related illness!!) and a higher premium.... ah well

Thread Information