Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My dad died.

Re: My dad died.

Hi Camper,

So sorry to hear you sad news...my heart felt sympathy goes out to you..a very hard time to get through for you. I have not lost any parents yet but lost a brother when he was only 6 (I was 11) and I know how that made me feel.

Thinking of you. Jo.x

Thank you everyone so very much for taking time to reply.
    I hope I am not depressing you further!!
    MinnieMouse, no you aren't, it's just what I need to hear!
    Really dreading the week ahead now, but I've written a really heartfelt eulogy to my dad which may need a little tweaking, but hope it can make people laugh at his funeral cos dad had a wicked sense of humour.
    Tomorrow I'll be going to say goodbye privately, dreading that also but in coming up 2 weeks it is still something I really need to do before the final goodbye.
    Sorry to be depressing....
    Clare x

so very sorry to hear about your loss.
    my mum died suddenly of a heart attack age 60, that was 1984 and i still think of her every day.I was so dreading going to see her at the chapel of rest. However Im so very glad I did,cus she looked like a wax work model. I realised that my mum had gone to heaven and that what I was looking at was just a shell.
    On the wreathe that I bought I wrote "my mum you were so loving so caring and so very special I thank God I was born to you"
    My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

It is now coming up 3 weeks since my dad passed away and still finding it hard to believe. The complete numbness has gone but I still don't feel myself at all and finding any motivation to do something productive with my children in the school holidays is a huge struggle. I can't face being in a group of people and have to make conversation.

Dads funeral was incredibly hard but also lovely. Seeing dad two days earlier in his coffin was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm so glad I did and it made the funeral that bit easier. Just feel so lost now, don't know what to do or what the future will be like, especially for my mum who I'm 300 miles away from :(

But big thanks again to people who responded to the thread. I've found people truly lovely during this time and I hope it will make me have a better understanding of what people go through at times of loss and what things may help them slightly.

Hi there, just joined the forum but when I saw your posts felt motivated to reply. My mum died over 8 years ago...can't really give you any advice but perhaps sharing your thoughts and feelings will help. The way it felt to me, and still does, was that I was cast adrift. Parents seem to anchor you. Always there until one day...gone, and then you drift. Sadly I'm still drifting but I hope you find a safe port soon.

Best Wishes.

I am very sorry to hear this, it is hard to accept the loss of a parent I lost my mother 17 years ago, she was 59.

I'm sorry I missed this when my mother was ill.

This is what I told my mother the day before I lost her and this is what my father always knew before I lost him. Hopefully, it'll also bring a little comfort to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V54B8...eature=related

So sorry Clare, just saw this, please accept my deepest sympathies at this very very sad and difficult time, Im thinking of you, I know how hard it is. Please rely on family and friends, and friends here, we are here for you. Keep posting, its important, it really helped me. Much love, big hugs to you and yours........Paula x

Thinking of you Clare

Xxx

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information