Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My dad died.

Re: My dad died.

johno i agre happy times to be remebered xx

I just wanted to say I logged on and saw your post, and am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know no words can take away the pain of loss you are feeling, but if you ever need any help or listening ear u can always PM anytime. Take care of yourself, am so sorry once more. Thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time xxx

So sorry to hear this, thinking of you and sending you strength.

so sorry to hear this
    my own dad died from heart attack in his early 60s too..... so suddenly.
    Write the eulogy in the next day or two ........think about something your dad loved ............his essence and his beliefs ......how he was as dad to you and what he taught you perhaps ?
    think of a particular tree or shrub he loved and go to garden centre and buy one in remembrance [just for you ] .
    Be very gentle with yourself and cry as much as your body and mind needs .
    He is always with you in your heart .........and will be looking over you .
    hugs xx

Hi My dear Dad died in April so it is still very raw for me too. I think that you are very brave to stand up at the funeral and say something about your Dad. My sister did this at my Dads funeral in May. I had trouble sleeping at first and would cry as I remembered him first thing in the morning. If the phone rings I think that it is him. Try not to bottle your feelings up, take some time off work, deal with phone calls and letters a little at a time and when you are feeling up to it. My Mum died when she was sixty one so I know how you might be feeling. I haven't been back to the grave yet as both of my parents were buried. They are both in a very peaceful churchyard in the village where I was brought up. EJ

snowgoose, your reply is so lovely, as are everyone elses, thank you again.
    I'm unable to write anything yet because I'm too tearful to see what I'm writing, got a few days so might just jot things down bit by bit. Oh and there is no way I could read it out at dads funeral, that job has been delegated.
    It's so hard, isn't it...

We have been sorting our Dad's things and are at the moment trying to sell his house. I can hear hin talking to me, he says things like 'I want that' or 'Don't let that go for peanuts!' Hopefully he is waltzing my Mum around that great ballroom in the sky. He was a great dancer. Your Dad will be missed by you and your family too. EJ.

Im so very sorry HC ..my heartfelt condolences to you at this very sad and difficult time .Im sure you will say something really nice and do your Dad proud .He will be watching down on you, and keep you strong .Lots of luv and Hugs Sue xx

So sorry to read this post. My parents died a long time ago.My daughters never new their grandparents on my side. I often wonder how things would have been had mum and dad lived to see them grow up
    As I get older I think about them more.I am left with some beautifull photographs.
    Amanda, It must have been traumatic for you to loose your Mum at 2 years old.
    Love to everyone and take care

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. my parents are still around luckily just as they ave both had major illnesses in the past so im so lucky to have them around still.

My cousins wife died xmas day morning leaving 3 young children behind and i so feel for them that there mum will no longer be around to see them grow up.

talk about it as much as you can dont hide your feelings the more you can talk about them the easier it becomes. thinking of you tc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information