Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: excessive blusher

excessive blusher

hi there im new here.i am 18 a single mum 2 an 18 month old girl and i blush terribly.if i am cornered by someone,someone asks me a question or even talking on the phone!!!!!!!!!! it is totally ruining my life to the point where i hate going to college and being around people.im not embarassed by my looks,i have been told numerous times i look like keira knightly so why does this happen.anyone got any advice xx

a.ross

Aw bless. Sorry to hear that. Maybe its just a stage you're going through, it may pass. How longs it been going on for? Have you spoken to your doctor about it?

Scooby2005.

hi scooby ta for your reply.its been happening for years.i also have postnatal depression.i havent spoke to any1 about it but i no thats what it is.i dont want to talk to my doc

a.ross

Why don't you want to talk to your doctor? It may help, I was like that at first with my OCD but when I finally talked tot he doctor it helped a little. You should try talking to your doctor about it, they may well be able to help.

Scooby2005.

Hi, I am also an excessive blusher, have been for years, not sure on how it all started, think it was bullying that made me over conscious of myself.

I started to go to hypnosis but it got too expensive, other than that I don't know what to do to help myself.

Noone I know blushes and I find that people at work laugh at me about blushing, and they don't seem to understand how hard it is. It takes over your life. Do you know anyone that blushes?

Hi blusher
    I feel like that.I feel as though my face is burning up in certain situations and I cant answer people properly and it all comes out mumble jumbley![:I] And I also feel embarrased to pick up the phone and say if i need to make an appointment or something i get nervous speaking. Its such a pain in the bum isnt it. I havnt got any advice im shy myself, but i think you should chat to your doc about it he may be able to help.

Hi Blusher

You are not alone! Both myself my sister has this problem, as well as a good friend of mine. We didn't realise we all struggled with the same thing for years. For me I think the problem is connected to being far too worried about how I am coming across to people. I've recently been taking anti-depressants (for depression and anxiety) and funnily enough the blushing has stopped. It has been a huge relief. I've stopped the tablets recently and am very worried about it coming back.

The odd thing is that I'm really self-confident and assertive at work but that's where I get it worst. I also hate coming across a colleague or an acquaintance by surprise, e.g. in a supermarket - for some reason it makes me really anxious!

Taking deep breaths seems to help me a lot, but I would really recommend talking to a friendly, sympathetic doctor - once you've talked about it out loud it doesn't seem so bad.

KatiePie

hi blusher.....i also suffer from execessive blushing and i hate it with a passion but, i really dont know what to do....it's ruin my life .... i cant even meet new people...i'm afraid that they'll just laugh in my face.. even when i go out it has to be really early in the morning so that i wouldnt see anyone i know......so i dont know what to do

Hi blusher

I am exactly the same! I blushed terribly for years but it got better and i didnt blush for ages. then recently it happened again once and now it wont stop. I teach in a college so i now what you mean. My therapist told to think to myself when it happenes "SO WHAT" and if anybody makes a commment just laugh and say to them its just one of those things that happens to you when embarrased or not and that it realy dont bother you. he said that once people realise its not a problem to you they will no longer take any notice and your confidence will grow to the point where eventually it will stop happening. I have been thinking like this for about 2 weeks at work now and it "seems to be working" so why not give it a go?

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Michelle
    xx

hi gad.....well i dont think telling people about will make it go away....actually it's gonna make it worst for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information