Thread: relaxing??

Question relaxing??

Hello everyone, does anyone have any tips or ideas about how to "Relax" That may seem like a strange question but it is the hardest thing to do when you are anxious most of the time. The only thing that seems to work for me is A hot bath, but I cant stay in there or ill end up like a shrivveled prune haha !! I have got some relaxation podcasts on my ipod, but when you've got a ten year old boy and his friends in the house its impossible to do! I have heared differing advice about exercise, (I like walking) some expert s say its ok, and a good thing to do, then Iread that it can get youre adrenalin running high (Got enough of that already! So dont want any more !! Any ideas, or tips welcomed! Thankyou xxx

Re: relaxing??

I doubt anything would work while your boy and his friends are in the house But for other times, reading is good to take your mind away. There's also Yoga which is accessible through books or DVD. Mindful meditation was probably the most effective on me when I did it using a CD to talk me through it. What about a new hobby, crafting, even jigsaws? I used to do a lot of jigsaws when I was going through a bad patch.

As for exercise, you cannot do too much of this. I swear by it now, I do an hour a day if possible and it has helped me no end mentally and physically. I find it has helped calm me down (not the opposite) and the harder you push yourself the better you feel afterwards. I think the negativity surrounding exercise and adrenaline is only about doing it near bedtime, when it might upset your sleep although that's never been the case with me.

Re: relaxing??

jigsaw puzzles! I haven't done one of those in a bit over a year. Now there is a thought for me. thanks for the reminder.

Thread Information