Quote Originally Posted by qrydem1987 View Post
Living with anxiety and panic is truly horrific, sometimes just the thought of getting thru the day is too much to bare. You feel as if all your strength is being used just to survive and cope, and you feel there is no energy or motivation to push yourself.

Here is what I believe and know for myself is the miracle cure.

1) cod liver oil tablets
2) 1 a day multivitamins
3) Kalms
4) Rescue Remedy in water sipped during the day, or directly on tongue in episodes
5) Eat and drink as much as possible even if your eating pattern is all over the place
6) cut caffeine ( keep your morning tea or coffee)
7) no alcohol at least until your better
8) if smoke cut down even if it's just a few cigarettes less a day
9) sleep more even if 12 hours, or multiple naps
10) sunlight even on dull days as much as possible even if just in the garden or balcony especially in the mornings.
11) try healthy morning type yogurt drinks
12) 30 mins light exercise daily. Even if just housework make it slightly more physically challenging.
13) talk as much as possible to family and friends.
14) listen to classical music
Thanks for your reply. At the moment I am doing some of these things, I don't drink, smoke or take drinks with caffiene in. I force myself to eat at regular intervals due to my severe nausea as if I don't eat I feel a hundred times worse.

Sleep is difficult for me as I always wake up at 5/6 am in a panic and feel ill and sick and many times I end up freaking out. At the moment I am taking Temazepam to help me sleep and due to being very anxious and panicky throughout the day (and looking after a baby) I cannot nap at all.

I will get the vitamins and cod liver oil supplements as I know my diet isn't the best at the moment and maybe they will help make me feel healthier in myself.

I know that the hardest thing is to re-train your mind to try and counteract the anxiety and panic and I am doing that at the moment, sometimes I get good results, sometimes bad. Driving 4 hours was a massive challenge for me and it was VERY uncomfortable, in fact I panicked most of the day, but I did it.

I am staying with my partner this week before I move back to my home town next week to be nearer my family as i am extremely homesick and need their support to get me through this. This is obviously extremely stressful for both my partner and i as he will not be coming with me, he has his own anxieties about moving away from his local area (he has never lived anywhere else). He keeps breaking down and is unable to support me at the moment, nor can I support him, we are both too ill. It's a big mess, hence why my panic is at an all time high.

However, my counsellor has forced me to look at issues i have been scared to confront and this is helping me sort my life out and understand why I am so anxious. Being nearer my family is the first step to being happier, but there is still a long road ahead, which will be paved with all sorts of problems that I need to deal with. I know I can get better, but it's such bloody hard work.