Thread: Citalopram/Propanolol and Twitching stopping my sleep

Citalopram/Propanolol and Twitching stopping my sleep

Hi everyone.

I'm almost at my witts end. I have been sleeping on the sofa for about a week due to my side effects from citalopram and not being able to sleep well, and sleep at a reasonable time. I have had minor twitching with the medication, and now it seems to be getting worse.

Last night I managed to sleep the whole night in bed for the first time. I woke up at 8am with a huge twitch in my head, couldn't sleep after that through fear of it being something more serious.

I tried to sleep in bed again just now. And i'm feeling constant twitching from my lefs, arms, head, wherever. I am sick of it. I just want to sleep, its, 2.30am and if it's not twitching it's every other side effect going.

Is anyone else going through or has been through something similar. I would love to hear your experiences, I am feeling like a bloody freak right now, even though I know its a side effect I still feel like it's not normal.

Re: Citalopram/Propanolol and Twitching stopping my sleep

I'm on Cit and Prop too and find that every now and then I get random twitches throughout my whole body, mostly when I'm trying to sleep or just had an anxiety/panic episode. I find that if I concentrate on them they get worse, but if I focus on something else they disappear.
    It is hard to ignore them but I start reading my book or focus on my breathing and I soon forget about the twitches.

Re: Citalopram/Propanolol and Twitching stopping my sleep

a twitch is your mental fatigue relaxing,i get them after panic attacks sometimes

Thread Information