Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnolia and rhodiola complex?

Re: Magnolia and rhodiola complex?

Hi

My experience

I took it for about 2 years and it worked fantastically well for me. I was back on the tubes, planes, supermarkets everything. I also found taking it in conjunction with Pharmaton tablets (from most uk chemists) was also helping.

If you find that you can not tolerate the Magnolia & Rhodiola capsules from Victoria Health (by Lifetime vitamins) then try the pharmaton and see how you go.

If you are already on any sort of medication then ensure you check with your GP before you buy. I emailed the pharmacist at Victoria Health and told him my problem, what I was on and he confirmed they were ok for me.

I have not looked back since. In fact I don't take either now as about 2 / 3 months ago I had a tummy bug that was going around. As a result, I couldn't eat anything properly for a week and had to stop the tabs. When I got better I found I did not need them. I still have them in case I have peaky days but have not used them.

Any thing else you need to know then hopefully I should get a message from the forum and will reply quicker next time!

Smile Re: Magnolia and rhodiola complex?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisybun View Post
    Oh well thanks for reading this everyone - I guess no-one has ever heard of this. My counsellor recommended it. It is an anti-anxiety/anti-stress remedy. I haven't taken any yet as I am on thyroxine and some supplements can contraindicate with that - i once took sellenium and i was high as a kite for a week - it was like upping my dose by 50mcg!! Thanks anyway
    Daisy
    Hi i know you left message some time ago but i have just joined and want to try Magnolia & Rhodiola but am also on thyroxine did you ever give it a try and did it help.
    Regards
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bwheeler View Post
    Hi i know you left message some time ago but i have just joined and want to try Magnolia & Rhodiola but am also on thyroxine did you ever give it a try and did it help.
    Regards
    Barry
    Hi

I am also on Thyroxine (Hypo) underactive and I was told it was ok by Victoria Health and never had a problem. HOWEVER, I suggest you speak or email Victoria Health and get that confirmed for your self before you start to be on the safe side.

I've just started taking this product yesterday so will let you know if I feel any difference in a couple of weeks

Well I've been taking these tablets for almost a week now and thought I'd update with how I was doing. I have GAD and have tried so many meds from the Dr's (citalopram, fluoxetine, propanalol etc) and none have worked. I didn't want to go back on meds again so decided to try the herbal route. I read about this product on here and thought oh well I'll give it a try not expecting much.

You take 2 or 3 tablets a day, I'm taking 2, one in the morning with my breakfast and one in the evening with my tea. After about 4 days I noticed I didn't need to take my anti nausea medication (I've been taking it everyday for over a year due to nausea caused by my anxiety). My anxiety has started to lessen so not feeling as sick and can control my anxiety so much better. Also magnolia helps nausea so that's a bonus. If I feel like this after about a week then I'm expecting it to make me feel better the longer I take it (can only hope).

I've been 3 days free from anti nausea meds, never happened this long before which is a great thing as I have a phobia of being sick. I would definately recommend giving these tablets a try, I know they are a tad pricy but you get a months supply so it's not too bad.

Hi Cat80!
    Was interested to read your post. Do you have an update on how you are getting on with these pills now? They sound really good.

Wow, I was not expecting to see my name and this post still there! I haven't been on the site for a long time! I had to go on citalopram in the end as I was so bad and that worked for me. I am now coming off these pills so hopefully will be OK. I know that I have a tendency to be anxious and I still still have the rhodiola and magnolia tablets here so may give them a go if things start to get a bit difficult when I am completely off my SSRIs. Good luck everyone

This too will pass

Hi Cat 80!
    Did you carry on with these tablets? Would really like to know if they helped.
    Thanks.

Hiya Judy, I did carry on taking the tablets and at the start they did work but then they seemed to stop working. I think it's because I've just got too many stressful things going on at the moment nothing will work.

I would still definately recommend trying them, I will be having another go as soon as I can focus on the anxiety more and not have so many things going on that are stressing me out

Thanks for that. I am so anxious at the moment I don't know what to do. It goes on all day, just can't stop it at all. Will maybe have a try of them. Anything that might help would be great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information