Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: prozac

prozac

hi ive just been started on 20mgs prozac and wonered if anyone else is on them i was on seroxat b4 and ha dno probs but doc diddnt want me to g back on them due to the bad press its had but they were great for me ..anyway please if you have been ar are on prozac let me know how it was ive been on them 6 days and feel a bit rough

Try this post ...
    Links to posts about Common Problems

Nicola

Jools, how are you now? I'm on day 5 of 20mg Prozac, barely sleeping or eating and generally uncertain. I've heard it can take a week or two to feel the benefit - and hope the side-effects go too!

I was on seroxat a few years back, switching to Lustral. don't remember the side-effects being quite as bad.

Hi Jools
    I too took seroxat at first for about 6 months but I gained a lot of weight & I asked my Doctor to change them. He then gave me Prozac, which I have been taking now for about 2.5 years. I still didn't loose the weight & other than the weight gain I have had no problems with either.

What sort of side effects are you experiencing? (& you too Pete)

Cath x

hi all im now on day 11 of prozac feel sick alot and butterflies in tummy!!!! ( wish i could catch them in a net and stamp on them lol ) not had problem sleeping but have lost me appetite and losing weight and im not big anyway so beggining to worry about that now..i have diazapam but not sure if can take with prozac ..i diddnt have a problem with seroxat worked grat but due to bad press think doc diddnt want me back on it.. CATH has prozac helped you ???

jools xx

hi Jools, Cath, the loss of appetite doesn't bother me too much as kind of wanted to lose weight anyway Not sleeping does bother me, basically makes things worse, as does the uncertainty. Also have chills, dry mouth, yawning, and a kind of pulsing right around my jaw. Oh, and anorgasmia.

Good news is that most of these side-effects aren't quite as severe now as they were, i got some sleep last night and ate a whole bowl of bran-flakes this morning! Jools, someone recommended smoothies, easier to consume and full of goodness, to get you through to when your appetite returns. Mine is returning very gradually. My doctor said prozac was 'speedier' than seroxat, so the diet pill effect.

Also finally starting to get some benefit this morning. Drinking coffee gets me pretty high for 15 minutes - i'll have to switch to decaf. I've heard it's best not to drink alcohol either?

HI PETE I HAVE THE CHILLS AND THE YAWNING AND DRY MOUTH ...ARE YOU TAKING YOU MEDS EARLY IN THE MORNING I WAS TOLD THAT WILL STOP IT FROM DISTUBING YOUR SLEEP....MY WORSE THING IS FEELING SICK AND EVEN IF I AM HUNGRY I FEEL TO SICK TO EAT ..IM GLAD YOUR GETTING YOUR APPETITE BACK AND THAT THINGS ARE SETTLING DOWN FOR YOU HOW LONG YOU BEEN ON THEM NOW? DO YOU HAVE DIAZAPAM OR ANYTHING TO TAKE THE EDGE OFF?

jools xx

Hi Jools, i'm taking it in the morning, this is day 6. I have beta-blockers on standby, used one at bedtime on day 1 or 2, but not since. Am actually feeling a little hungry now, it's positive in itself when side-effects wear off - which they WILL, so hang on in there and go with it!

Off to get some camomille tea, hoping to sleep longer tonight!

Hi all, had a bit of a mood dip yesterday evening and didn't sleep much last night after all. I suppose I can live with sleeplessness, but it adds to the spaced-out and anxious feelings...

hi pete
    i know what you mean when you dont get enough sleep it def adds to the anxeity how are you this morning? try having a nap if you can....by the way im not feeling any better on the prozac and in on day 13 is that normal? ive read it can take 2-3 weeks im back to the docs in two weeks, ..hope your feeling better petexx

jools xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information