Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: prozac

Don't feel at all sleepy during the day. Feeling up and down this morning, uncertain. How are you jools? Apparently it can take 2-4 weeks to feel the benefit of prozac, also your doctor might switch you to a different SSRI or a different dose. I feel the benefit off and on already, but everyone reacts differently. Maybe the side-effects are a good thing, shows I respond to it!

hi i never thought of it that way so maybe your right feeling side effects means its getting in my system thats actually cheered me up a bit!!im sorry your havimg probs with sleeping what about asking doc for diazapam just for a day or so to get some rest? i think i will see how i feel on the porz for a week or bit longer dont want to have to start all over on another ssri and feel the same arghhhh!! thanks for your replies pete take care xx

jools xx

just to add some thing i feel like my jaw is twitching im not relaxing it hard to explain but could that be a side effect??????

jools xx

Hi again

Could you both tell me why your taking prozac?
    I'm taking them for panic/anxiety after a breakdown in 2003. I take 20 mg every morning.
    Although I have been on them a long time, I can't ever remember having any side effects, (except the weight GAIN) & both Prozac & prior to that Seroxat really helped me.
    I did try weaning myself off them a while a go, but I started to feel the anxiety/panic again.
    Anyway just before Christmas I had another breakdown (whilst still taking prozac) & I did take a few Diazapam at that time to get over it. So yes it is ok to take Diazapam at the same time as Prozac.

I hope you are both feeling much better today ....

Cath x

hello cath
    im on it for anxiety i have had severe panic attacks in the past but have anxiety now and becoming agrophobic ..i was on seroxat and really helped then was off meds for a year ..so im on for anxiety not depression xx

jools xx

hi cath, I'm on it for a depression which is rooted in social and existential anxiety (there's a grand one!). It is like a physical fog in my head, which has lifted for short periods of time over the past week and then returned. I've a 3 month waiting list for counselling, 18 months [V]for therapy, I can manage if I can just get rid of this fog and focus, i've nothing to complain about in the real world, I have a lovely family. I've had the same feeling once or twice before in the distant past (though for a reason then), in those days the doctor gave you tranquilisers for a short period of time.

jools, i've had jaw twitching, definitely a side-effect. which, as we've noted, is at least an effect!!

BTW, I'm a bit of a coffee addict. Caffeine of course can be a trigger for anxiety etc, i'm laying off it with the prozac (probably have withdrawal symptoms) but when I do have the odd coffee now it really boosts my mood! I'm tempted to drink coffee as normal - any thoughts? Will probably try a little alcohol tomorrow. I got a 20 minute doze earlier, went to bed with a Leonard Cohen cd (!) fell asleep half way thru woke up feeling a lot better for a few minutes then a bit better.

Best to you both, it means a lot to talk. Do you have people around you you can talk to?

hi
    glad you had a nap...im a tea addict drink it all day long and do have a drink at the weekend just 3/4 beers yes i have people to talk to fab partner very understanding two kids 12 and 15 have grown up with me and my panics neighbour has panics too so we lean on each other for support she was on citalopram but has been off for 3 months but says she needs to go back on anyway she will prob join here soon lol
    sleep well tonight xxxx

jools xx

i was on prozac until 3 weeks ago, origanaaly went on for depression and panic attacks but it made my anxiety so much worse. the doc gave me valium to help but prozac still wasnt helpin. im now on soroxt and its working great, tho its killed my sex drive and made me quite agrassive lol!!

prozac made my jaw ache like mad!!

Hi,

I also tried prozac for anxiety and it too increased my anxiety levels. My worst side effect was a buzzing feeling in my head and a spaced out feeling. I now take paxil, I believe you call it paroxatine. It helps loads for my anxiety. I do think it is one of the most difficult ssri's to come off of though.

Bel

hi all,
    i think its begining to work now, (thank goodness) on day 14... i was on seroxat/paroxetine and i loved it really helped mebut as you say it was hard to come off took along time by going down 1ml every two weeks when i tried to go any faster did have horrid side effects! good luck on it i really did do well when i was on it xxx

jools xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information