Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Gain?

Weight Gain?

Lately i have lost quite a bit of weight if anything serious was happening to me i wouldn't be able to gain weight fullstop?

Re: Weight Gain?

Anyone? :(

i have been through phases of losing weight due to anxiety, have you been to docs to discuss it, if its down to anxiety then there are drinks you can get to give you the vitamins that you need, have you changed the way or amount you are eating lately?

di x

Hello,

Yeah its very normal to lose or gain weight with high anxiety.. Some people do not lose there apetite and comfort eat.. some people like me and you do not ever feel hungry and tend to force meals down or eat because we know we probaly should....

Of course you still need to eat or consume calories as fighting anxiety and panic is hard enough let alone with no energy.

I advise you eat much smaller portions but 5\6 a day rather than trying to eat 3 BIG meals.. If really find that a struggle i suggest go to the body shop of shakes and supplements or even make yourself fruit smoothies and mix with the supplements. So even if you dont have your apetitie or feel nausia strange sensations in stomach, you still are getting some vitamins and calories in you.. Ofcourse soon you wil get your apetite back.

I know quite a few people who have been through the anxiety/weight loss thing, including myself.
    Its very hard to put it back on because the anxiety keeps on going when we see no gain on the scales.
    I really struggle even to maintain my weight but have got to the point of " just eat when I feel I want to" and dont force it.
    I have those vitamin/mineral breakfast biscuits, upped my fruit and veg and water and generally eat foods I know have added vitamins and minerals.
    It can take a long time to get the eating back on track and see the scales go up.

It's best to talk to your GP about this and see if you can have more help for the anxiety.

Hi all thank's for the reply's, i did have a thread about being worried i had the *c* word and i had lost about 20 pound's over 2-3 month's which i did bring up to my doctor...

What i was wondering if i am gaining weight then i guess it mean's i am fine from that disease?

As i am now 1kg heavier than a fornight ago.

there is so many more reasons for someone to lose / gain weight or change eating habbits, the most common is stress, worry and anxiety.
    The rarest reason is the dreaded *C* WORD. And to be honest as your automatically thinking the worst and even thou you know its not the *C* word your mind cant drift off that thought. Which in a way is a good thing as it clearly shows you have an unhealthy obsession with it and definately proved you have anxiety and its not a physical health issue.

That make sense ?

Yeah i was hoping that the proof that i can gain weight mean's i have nothing to worry about since i can actually gain weight if you get what i mean.... As my Bowel Movement's have been strange to say the least mucus and the odd spot of blood.

Saying that the doctor has refered me to a gastro consultant for a possible scope done see him on wednesday i think it was because i was that worried.... However age is on my side and the doctor think's i have more chance of winning the lotto and think's it's more than likely IBS or IBD.
    Last edited by Trevstan; 25-07-11 at 18:39.

Your bloods were clear so it can't be anything too nasty.

Weght loss and tummy trouble can all be symptoms of anxiety as well. Have all the tests and checks first then you know what you're dealing with, but I'm sure it won't be anything horrid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information