Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A review of Propranolol 80mg. Alcohol experience too!

Re: A review of Propranolol 80mg. Alcohol experience too!

I have exactly the opposite opinion - for 4 months this medication (80mg) ruined my whole life.In the mornings I couldn't think about anything different except to be faster when I drink my coffee because I was so anxious that if I don't take this da*n propanolol something bad will happen to me.Every time when I took It my whole day passed away in me just staring in one point and not been able to accomplish anything because the medication sucked out my whole power.
    When my panic attacks started I didn't have health anxiety.Now I'm constantly thinking about blood pressures and heart rates because my organism has accustomed to the medication and if I don't take it these two values are slightly higher and I panic.My heart is in perfect health but propanolol totally confused it and made me feel like it's not ok at all.
    Propanolol doesn't treat anxiety!It's a beta-blocker - a medication for people with cardiological problems.Now I'm undergoing a therapy and my psychiatrist is totally against any kind of medications because they are not solutions - they just control the anxiety which perfectly matches with my old opinion.I'm so angry - currently I'm in a process of stopping the propanolol because I don't want to live my whole life with a healthy heart that's treated like an ill one.
    Just 2 sessions with a therapist and I already feel much more confident with my anxiety.4 months on a medication that's deadly wrong to be prescribed for a person that's in a perfect physical health and my anxiety mutated into all kinds of shapes and colors.
    Guys, this is my own opinion, but I strongly advise You to get rid of this sh*t as soon as possible.If anyone needs any help with stopping the propanolol than feel free to ask me for help.It's really hard but I learned few things about how to stop it with a bit more ease than expected.

P.S. By the way, recently few papers were published claiming that Beta-blockers do not decrease the risks even in people with real cardiological problems.There are some suggestions that in near future the production of beta blockers will stop and they will be substituted with a new group of medications with a name that currently I can't remember.
    Last edited by folypeelarks; 22-12-12 at 13:22.

Re: A review of Propranolol 80mg. Alcohol experience too!

I've been taking bedranol 80mg to treat my anxiety. It has worked wonders but when I drink alcohol, I feel awful. I took a tablet on Friday when I was feeling uneasy. I felt fine later on then the next day I had a few drinks. On the Sunday I felt very weak, drowsy and faint. The same today. Feel very drowsy and generally tired. I didn't sleep too well either but not too sure if that's from stress?? I'm speaking to my doctor in a few days so hopefully will be able to get some more insight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information