Thread: So frustrated....

So frustrated....

Hi All
    Just need to vent.... ;0(
    I am getting more and more frustrated by the day with my symptoms.... the aching legs, the blurry eyes and the daily headaches and the constant, constant health worries.... I know they are probably health anxiety and I more than likely don't have anything actually wrong with me but I can't shift the thoughts from my head - they fill my head every minute of the day it seems now...

This morning I made a decision that I would not let this fill my head any more - I know it's anxiety and I know that I'll be ok but I had only been up 20 minutes before the same old dreaded thoughts had returned... Now I'm at work and busy it's a little better but even just travelling to work or in the shower or making a cup of tea I'm utterly convinced that today is the day I am going to faint in the street or end up in hospital or something similar and then the panic sets in....

I've tried all sorts of things to keep my mind away from these thoughts but it always comes back to the same thoughts and the same worries.... It's silly as apart from an underactive thyroid I have no other health worries....

I'm fed up with it all and fed up with constantly feeling ill - sadly, it just seems to be taking over my life...

Re: So frustrated....

hey, you're no one ur own hun. those thoughts will always creep back in. you just have to keep challenging them. that is the only way, you have to stand up to anxiety, it's bullying you. everytime you get a worry think of 5 things that prove it's not true. like you just did! u just said you're healthy apart from a minor thyroid problem, keep this up. it takes so much strength and patience but it will eventually be worth it. we're all fighting together. this doesnt have to ruin your life. you can be in control. xxx

Re: So frustrated....

Hi Tatty, your symptoms sound just like mine today, but I am hoping mine is viral and going to go in a day or two. I too have an under active thyroid and am aware, by using the thyroid sites, that much of our anxiety and other mental health issues can actually be due to the dreaded thyroid and its affect on the rest of our hormones. Hope you will feel better soon, I do know exactly where you are coming from, and it is a constant struggle to stay in control. All the best. Mazzmate

Thread Information