Thread: Periods suddenly lighter and almost pain free

Periods suddenly lighter and almost pain free

Since I started my periods at the age of 12 they have been really heavy and excrutiating pain that even cocodomol didn't touch for the first 2-3 days of the month. I went on the pill 3-4 years ago as my periods were not getting any better and I never knew when they were coming as it could be anywhere from the 28 days to 35 days. I am on Loestrin 30. Straight away my periods went regular and lighter.

Now though over the last 6 months they have suddenly gone almost pain free, sometimes get pain just before I start but when I start hardly any pain or none. My periods have gone lighter too and have finished by the time I start my pill again. By day 3 it's gone to just spotting. I am 31 and just worried as to what could be happening to make them lighter?

I get stabbing pains in my right ovary all month around, sometimes really painful. I was thinking a cyst but this would make my periods heavier and more painful. I bought a menopause test and that was normal so not sure what is going? I am happy they are almost pain free and lighter but just a tad concerned as to why after 4 years on the pill?

Re: Periods suddenly lighter and almost pain free

It sometimes happens .Hormones are constantly changing .Bain of my life ..At least its for the better this time .I wouldnt be concerned .Have a word with the practice nurse or the Dr to reassure yourself .T/c Sue x

Re: Periods suddenly lighter and almost pain free

Hi there,

I'm in exactly the same position as you. My periods have always been a bit unpredictable since having my 2 daughters, they never come on time and are usually at least 2-3 weeks late.
    They have gone from being fairly heavy to light and only last a couple of days then just spotting for a day or two. Also like you I have a lot of pain in the ovary area on and off all month. I had an ultrasound last year which was fine so I guess it is just hormones. If you are worried though it wouldn't hurt to mention it to the nurse or doctor.

Kerri-anne xx

Thread Information