Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increasing dosage

Increasing dosage

Hi guys

That's me been on 10mg of cit for around 9 weeks now, my anxiety has still been quite high most days so my GP thinks it's time to increase to 20mg. I asked her if I would get SEs again and she said no I shouldn't (we all know they tell us this anyway)

How did everyone else get on increasing? I really don't want to go back to all the SEs I had first few weeks on cit :( it was horrendous

Hope you are all doing well

Re: Increasing dosage

I had a lot of side effects on Citalopram initially but very few on dose increases once I had been on it for a while. I think going from 10-20mg I felt a little tired but that was it. I think you'll be fine because 9 weeks is a long time and it will already be established in your system.

I am such a coward, I still haven't got round to taking the increased dose :( I know it will help in the long run, I'm just so scared because of how I felt when I first started cit

Try taking 5mg for a week ..Then when you feel ok increase again .You will be fine just try to relax, and eat when you take your pills it helps .All the best Sue x

Thanks Sue, I think I'll try increasing 5mg at first to see how it goes, it's going to be a nightmare trying to half those tiny little things lol

I'll let you all know how I get on

i increased mine at just 5mg a go as i didnt wanna feel all those crazy SE and i wasnt to bad but then i got to 30mg for a while and jumped straight to 40mg and the horrible side effects came again now i wish i would of carried on with going up in 5s but they have all settled now which am glad x

Sorry to hear you had a hard time :( I'm glad things are improving for you now though.

I've taken 15mg today and I'm petrified, I'm hoping I don't feel any bad SEs but just increasing such a small amount, I'll let you'd know how I get on

2nd day of 15mg and today was an ok day (yesterday was avreally anxious day, although it could be down to me and worrying about increasing) I'm hoping today will be how things are until I increase again

Either I'm really sensitive to SSRIs or I'm talking myself into having SEs :( after a good day I had an awful night, only managed q few hours sleep, was really restless, and since I got out of bed I feel so shaky and anxious, I'm hoping I have a good day today

Hiya Vicki

I went from 10-20-40-60......the first 2-3 weeks of the first ever taking was the worst with the SEs.....I don't think I've had any problems when increasing........keep positive hun xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information