Thread: Worst nightmare - condom broke :((

Worst nightmare - condom broke :((

My husband and I had an incident last night where the condom broke. I am at or very close to ovulating.

This morning I went and got the morning after pill from my GP and took it straight away. But, I know it isn't foolproof.

At the birth of my 3rd child nearly 2 years ago I was told during my (3rd) c/section not to have any more kids as my uterus was extremely thin.

I am terrified of the effects of the pill I have taken, terrified that I will become pregnant and the risks it poses to me and I am terrified of having a termination.

I am just terrified at life at the moment :((
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Re: Worst nightmare - condom broke :((

Hi please dont worry i have had to take it on 2 occasions and also my sisters have and its never failed and you have took it the morning after so that is also a good thing i think you will be fine

Im not a doctor and i might have this wrong, but doesnt having a thin uterus mean your most likely to suffer from miscarriage rather than anything else sinister!

Thanks Bronte - I hope I am in the same boat as you. Only time will tell I guess.

Hi Peter, if your uterus lining is thin it increases your risk of miscarriage. But if your actual uterus is thin, then that increases the risk of rupturing whilst pregnant - worst case scenerio is bub and mother die.
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

I feel for you, I really do. One time condom slipped off and we rushed for morning after pill. I had hyperemesis with my son and it was very dangerous to us. I still have nightmares about it, especially if I come down with stomach bug.

But even though those pills are not infallible, they still provide decent protection and the chances of getting pregnant on a one off are quite slim on their own (unless you're one of those people who it happens at the drop of a hat!).

I know this is going to be difficult, but sit down and plan ahead. If this happens I will do __ and if this happens I will do ___. All you can do is make plans and then do your best to put it out of your head, the waiting is the absolute worst but allowing yourself to get super anxious about it is only going to give you symptoms which will end up making you more freaked out about it.

But I know it's much easier said than done. Just try to busy yourself as much as possible and let us know how it goes!

Thanks so much Klonoa - it will be the longest 2 weeks of my life
    ~Dr Seuss~

Thread Information