Thread: Anyone tried 5htp?

Anyone tried 5htp?

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone here has ever tried taking H5TP for their anxiety and depression? My doctor has sugested I take Prozac but I've decided to try the natural route first and have ordered some 5htp, it is meant to be really good for depression and aids a good sleep and reduces headaches. In fact it sounds like a wonder drug and side effects arn't too bad. I'm interested to know if anyone has any experience with it?

Re: Anyone tried 5htp?

Hi Featherhead
    I also went down the natural route for my anxiety by seeing a homeopath but after a while it became apparent that I needed something stronger. I discussed taking st johns or 5htp but was advised that although its worth a try it is very difficult to find the right dose and there are just as many side effects. In the end i opted to take prescribed meds & caused myself a lot of unnecessary anxiety by delaying it.

I'd be very interested to read others experiences.

Thanks for your reply annette1, I will give it a good try and really hope I don't end up back at the doctors. I asked about 5htp in the health anxiety section too and got a mixed response, good and bad results from it, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'll let you know when I've tried it.

Hi, just thought I'd add, that I tried 5htp too at one point and it did absoloutley nothing for me. Like Annette1 said, I too wish that I'd gone down the prescribed medication route before wasting the time on the homeopathic option. Perhaps that was just me though and it would have a different effect on different people. Whatever you chose do do, I hope you find something that works for you

Thread Information