Thread: Anxiety and exercise

Question Anxiety and exercise

There is a lot of suggestion on good old google that engaging in some light-moderate exercise helps with anxiety and in particular the dizziness and stress levels.

I was feeling really on edge this evening and like if I didn't do something, I would find myself having a full blown panic meltdown and dizzy spell.

So I got on my exercise bike and really put some effort into working up a bit of a sweat for 15-20 minutes followed by a slower pace for another 15 minutes or so.

Results...

I feel 10 times better. I don't know whether it was having something to focus on, getting some oxygen in my system or pure chance, but it did the trick. I also felt better about myself for having some movement whilst watching the soaps! Beats my usual state of curled on the sofa with a blanket

Oh and P.s...

When I was feeling on edge and getting a bit worked up by bp was 135/90.

After my exercise when I felt calmer and my heart rate was back down my bp was 110/70.

Who ever thought exercise was good for you

Re: Anxiety and exercise

I swear by exercise. The funny thing is it's often the last thing we want to do when feeling low. So it can be hard to get started. But when you do, and if you work hard and often, it can make a huge difference. Like you I have found jumping on the exercise bike gives an instant lift on an otherwise crap day. Not just taking my mind off things, but the sense of achievement afterwards too.

I try and do an hours flat out cycling every evening and I always feel better afterwards. I've got a set route of about 16miles and I try and improve my time on each ride...... don't succeed that often though!

Hey everyone! Lovely to see that people are getting a boost from exercise too! I can't believe I hadn't tried it sooner when feeling anxious...

The sense of achievement is pretty nice too, the exercise won't be bad for my figure either!

exercise is essentil for me!! xx

Thread Information