Thread: headache for 2 weeks

headache for 2 weeks

Hi,
    I have posted a few times over the past few days cause I have this headache that just wont shift. It's been going on for 2 weeks now, and it's never gone. It doesn't feel excruciatingly painful, but like pressure, but really strong, uncomfortable pressure. Also been getting loads of visual floaters and I don't like the bright light.
    The GP wasn't concerned a week ago and I dont wanna go back and pester him. I have stopped taking painkillers a week ago for fear that they might be causing the headaches. I am just so so worried that it's a brain tumour. My boyfriend thinks I'm overreacting and maybe I am. But I just dunno what else to do. Sometimes even when I calm down about it and am happy that it's nothing serious, it is STILL there. I can't live like this, it's just tearing me apart. I can't spend every waking moment worrying that I might drop dead soon. But I just can't get any relief from this damn headache. It's making me miserable and it's come at a bad time. I'm working full time and my dissertation is due in in a few weeks.
    I just have trouble believing that stress/anxiety can cause such a severe symptom. xx

Re: headache for 2 weeks

Hi Sarah,

I have had headaches for weeks on end & it is caused by tension. I wouldn't normally say this as I am opposed to Dr Google but look up the symptoms for Tension headache & I bet you will fit all of them! Pressure & a tight band around your head.

Like you say you are working full time & your dissertation is due so it's no wonder you feel stressed. Try to remember that it is a stress headache & the less you concentrate on it the symptoms will ease.

Good luck!

Emily xxx

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Thread Information