Thread: Please help - bleeding again!

Please help - bleeding again!

Apologies for posting again but I am so freaked out! For over 2 years now I have been obsessed with gynae cancers following irregular periods and a cyst removal - all smears (1.5yr ago) and scan in Jan normal. I was starting to calm as periods were starting to become normal!

over last few days - since weekend - maybe once a day but not every day I have notice v.tiny (pin prick size) of red and just now pink spot! I wipe alot as am obsessed and usually happens on 2nd or 3rd wipe.

I have been trying to stay calm and think its nothing and not blood - but just now I know it must be and I am absolutely terrified i have cancer - I am trying so hard not to just break down!

Please help me

Re: Please help - bleeding again!

Are you sure you haven't irritated the area and are making it bleed with excessive wiping?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Janeeey, I can speak with a bit of experience on this as it was one of my major fears some years ago, the more you wipe and check the more likely you are to irritate what is already a very sensitive area you can just about guarantee you will get spots of blood sooner or later. I know that even the smallest pin prick size dot is enought to panic over but if it was anything serious you would have much more obvious symptoms. Hope this helps x

Thank you so much for your replies - I hate feeling so irrational about all this! I spoke to nurse practitioner in the end and she said very similar, that too small amount to worry about and doesn't need to see me. She said could be a cut due to excessive wiping or many many other things but nothing to worry about. If it gets worse and bleeds more she said she will take swabs for my peace of mind.

I also spoke to NHS direct - paranoid! and he agreed though felt I should have urine test for infection as could be from uretha in fact felt more likely! Bit confused as slightly different advice but for now I will go with nurse practitioner. Not sure how you know if blood comes from vagina or uretha - I know where they are bit still when wiping how would you really know?

Will try so hard now to stop going to loo constantly and not wiping so much.

Aycie - how did you stop obessing about this?

Anyone else out there - tmi but do you all wipe several times or just once and do most people not really look - wonder how 'crazy' I am!

thanks so much again

I stopped cos I actually got so bad one day my husband called the doctor as I was just lying on the sofa crying all the time as I was convinced I was dying because I hadn't been for a smear for 10 years. The doc was lovely and talked me down, and explained why she was not worried about my health she arranged to see me next day for my dreaded smear and really put my mind at rest. I was put on citralopram and eventually I just stopped all the checking by the time my results came through all clear as predicted I was not even worried anymore. Unfortunately over the last 6 months my anxiety has come back tho this time it's breast worries I'm trying to keep calm about things but it's not easy is it? x

Hi Aycie .. no its so hard. I also had bc worries for awhile and still do at times. I thought I found a lump and went to breast clinic earlier this year but all ok. During that time I was 100% convinced I did not have any gynae cancer and thought if I get through this I will stop worrying! Of course one worry goes and another comes .. while I am in the grip of this I am not worried about breast!

Thanks for your help - did you have spotting then? Glad its over for that side of things anyway and hope you can beat latest fears - I am sure like me you just want to get back to normal - whatever that is! x

I was like you constantly poking around and causing myself to panic over the slightest little smear on the paper, I even got stressed if i was away from home and there was coloured toilet paper making it hard to check. I have to say a couple of years after all that I did have some spotting, I didn't panic, went to doc and had investigation but no cause found just one of those things apparently. So even if the worst was to happen its not necessarily a disaster anyway.x

Thread Information