Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Period!

Re: Late Period!

No idea..since I never had to take one. Best option is to perhaps take a test at a doctor. Then you will 100% for sure know! Sending good vibes!

I would say the test sounds negative just now, id wait a few days, then try another, sometimes it takes longer to turn positive. A blue horizontal line is negative and a blue + sign is positive in the test zone.
    Last edited by LucyR; 02-08-11 at 17:17.

As long as there is some line in the negative window then the test is negative. I never believed the negative result of any of my pregnancy tests (all part of my OCD checking/anxiety).

Hi I Was convinced it was negative as the horizontal line was so clear and blue Greyish colour but I put test in drawer a few hours ago and now i just looked at it again and there is a very faint vertical line but by I faint I mean u can hardly see it. I'm gonna have to take another one now. Any ideas on this? Can the test be trusted hours later?

Please reply
    Love Louise xxx

There should be an instruction leaflet with it that clearly shows you what a positive and negative result looks like.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The result to trust is the one you get immediately after the allotted waiting period. To be honest thats why they tell you to throw them away immediately because any changes you may perceive afterwards are not reliable.

I really think you're safe honey but why not ring NHS direct and ask if theres any pregnancy advices services in your area. I don't think ( like me and most of us) you are going to believe anything unless a health professional tells you that you are not pregnant.

Yea it looks like the negative result but now I noticed an incredibly faint vertical line which has come up hours after I took test.
    But like I said it's so faint most people would of missed it but I analyse things.
    Love louise

Ignore it as like Rosi said the test is only valid once done and not hours later when it has been in a drawer.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

yeah i think it is negative but i might get one more tomoz and take it in a few days.

Love Louise X

Thats what to do Louise. It can take a while for the hormone HCG, the pregnancy hormone, to rise enough for the test to show positive. You could still be pregnant. Good Luck.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information