Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

Hi all i get a colonoscopy done on monday 7pm and i started the diet today... the food you can eat is not the best tbh.

Anyway's few question's i have been given 6 Senna tablet's to be taken at 3pm on Sunday then a sachet of picolax at 6pm then one on the Monday at 10am... Have i anything to worry about like stomach cramp's or anything like that or is it plain sailing?

Also i have the choice of being sedated or not and just have gas and air... What's the best option? I am getting a lift to and from the hospital.

Getting worried about the prep more than the test.

Cheers Trev.

Re: Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

Hi
    I think you can expect some cramps and need to be near the loo. I would go for the gas and air. I had it for childbirth and it's great and doesn't leave you feeling woozy.
    Hope all goes well
    x

Trev - you may want to read the posts in the specific colonoscopy forum on here. My experience is there too and a funny one at the top

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Hi
    I think you can expect some cramps and need to be near the loo. I would go for the gas and air. I had it for childbirth and it's great and doesn't leave you feeling woozy.
    Hope all goes well
    x
    Thank's, so you would just go with gas and air and avoid the sedation? Just worried it's gunna hurt lol

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Trev - you may want to read the posts in the specific colonoscopy forum on here. My experience is there too and a funny one at the top
    I'll have a look thank's

I had one and had the fleet prep which is fleet by name and effect! I could not move from the bathroom for up to 2 hrs after taking it. Picolax is a bit gentler but does give more cramps.

Personally I would have sedation as the colonoscopy hurts when it has to pass round the top of your bowel ( it has to corner!) and having had a sigmoidoscopy without sedation ( never ever again) and a colonoscopy with sedation its sedation every time for me. The sedation does not knock you out you think you can remember everything but you can't afterwards.

I got quite bad cramps for a few hours after it but was then totally fine.
    You will fart for england!!

I am starting the clean out now... Should i just take alittle bit to make sure i dont have an allergic reaction to the med's?

And how fast wouyld it take for one to start?

You need to follow the instructions absolutely to the letter or it will not work properly and you could find that they cannot do the proceedure tomorrow and you would have gone through alot for nothing.

I have never heard of anyone being actually allergic to it as in anaphlactic shock. The effects are unpleasant to say the least but then they are supposed to be!

Just stay near a loo as you will need it lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Lol picolax time!

All good advice above. I had one last year and yes staying near a toilet is a must. I would go for sedation too. One minute I was in the theatre getting ready and talking to the staff and the next waking up holding my husbands hand...I don't recall a thing inbetween (thankfully). No pain felt at all even afterwards. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information