Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

Re: Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

How long does this stuff take to work?

Is it like pooing water because it's streaming outta me lol? I think i got rid of the solid's now.

Don't you believe it! Its is totally amazing how much comes out as its not just the contents of your bowel but the stuff you have taken takes all the water from your body and dumps it in your bowel to flush hence the instructions to drink a certain amount of fluid every hour while you are doing the prep or you can become dangerously dehydrated.

With fleet prep as I said earlier with me I spent two hours in the bathroom unable to leave after taking it and then another few hours of having to go every 10 mins or so and I seemed to only have a few hours loo free before I needed to take next lot of prep. I remember taking my last dose at 7pm and could not go to bed till 1am and got up again at 5am because of needing to leave for hospital at 7am and was worrying that I would not be able to get to hospital because I was still going from 5-6am. I did manage it thanfully.

Nearly didn't make the toilet that time! lol

This actually hasn't been so bad been about 6 time's in the last 2 hour's and it's mostly water coming out yellowy has it done it's job already?

Also a quick question do they alway's take a biopsy freaking out a little about that.
    Last edited by Trevstan; 31-07-11 at 22:28.

Well my bum is like a blood orange bleeding well now :(... i think that's the last of it for tonight seem's like i don't need to go...

The biopsy won't hurt at all I promise.

What are they looking for did they say or is it just a general look around?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have had a little mucus and blood in my stool, and some weight loss so i think it's just a routine checkup (that's what they said) to make sure everything is ok up there... Hopefully no biopsy will be required i hope.

Good luck. I hope it goes ok for you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

How did you get on trevstan??? I have a sigmoidoscopy tomorrow. Ive had similar symptoms. But mine have lasted over 8 weeks now, including Diarrhea, mucus,blood, pain sometimes passing a stool. The diarrhea is prolific and passing wind is v.dangerous.lol

I can have sedation if I want it tomorrow, but think i am going to opt not to have it, as it means I have to fast for a few hours, and that prospect is not very appealing for me.

Let me know how you got on????

Hi all well it went well wasn't looking forward to it... Got the all clear nothing found at all but they took 2 skin biopsy's to be checked just incase they missed something it say's on the form Right and Left sided colonic Bx on the form i got, just checking i guess.

The test itself was not to good the drug's didn't work and he got stuck going round a bend... Out came the gas and air didnt really help but it gave me something to concentrate on... And the bloating omg i was actually in so much pain coming home but after farting about 6-7 time's it's totally eased.

The only thing i am worried about now is that they took biopsy's... but if anything had happened they would have seen it straight away?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information