Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

Re: Colonoscopy on Monday Advice Needed.

When I was diagnosed with Chron's Trev - they saw it almost immediately with a sigmoidoscopy - my colon was red raw apparently.

When I had a colonoscopy they couldn't get round the bend so I have never had a full one done.

Well done on getting through it - it is a horrid thing to have done

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Can I move this to the colonoscopy forum as well for future reference for people?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah sure i guess it will help people ... Also i meant if anythinfg serious happened when they take the skin biopsy's like a hole in my colon they would have noticed that straight away yeah? And will i pass some blood from my bottom and how much?

Sorry about all the question's that's just me lol

Edit -: Did you have skin biopsy's done?

I did and they then definitely confirmed I had Crohn's and I have IBS as well.

My partners mum and step dad both had biopsies as well and both had polyps removed and his mum was diagnosed with diverticulitis as well.

Hi so biopsy should be fine how much blood will i pass since they took a chunk of skin? Also i am not sure what sedative i had but it didn't feel like it worked at all! I was wide awake during it. I know they gave me to i think one was to relax the colon muscle's and the other began with a p? was it pethidine?
    Last edited by Trevstan; 02-08-11 at 01:25.

Yeah it was by IV it didn't really work but i managed to get through it... It was a little bit of blood something like i would wipe when my bum is sore last night... So i guess nothing to worry about.

Edit-: just passed some blood with my stool not alot something like you would have on pile's but it was there on every movement i guess i should only worry if it was streaming from me?
    Last edited by Trevstan; 02-08-11 at 10:55.

How long does the cramping last i have a little bit on my right side nothing terrible but enought to feel it?

I can't help with your question but well done for getting through this! One step over and done with!

Hi, just been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis after a sigmoidoscopy, Relief and worry.Complete mix of emotions at the moment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information