Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citalopram, worth starting on 5mg a day?

Re: Citalopram, worth starting on 5mg a day?

Ended up having quite a bad day. After feeling not too bad I was just about to go out when I had a sudden bout if chest pain, stupidly took my pulse and it was going really fast then really slow. Scared me to death that maybe the tablets in someday effected my heart! My dad came over and sat with me and eventually calmed down. Still going to take one tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLiz View Post
    Ended up having quite a bad day. After feeling not too bad I was just about to go out when I had a sudden bout if chest pain, stupidly took my pulse and it was going really fast then really slow. Scared me to death that maybe the tablets in someday effected my heart! My dad came over and sat with me and eventually calmed down. Still going to take one tomorrow though.
    Yea stick with it, it will get better. With 5mg I wouldn't imagine there will be any side effects to speak of as it's such a small dose. It may just be your natural anxiety at taking a new tablet, and that will subside in a few days. Just try and avoid anything that is going to make your anxiety worse in the meantime.

x
    "In the end we only regret chances we didnt take, relationships we were scared to have, and decisions we waited to long to make. There comes a time in your life when you realise who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will". - Anon

Didn't take one today :-( I'm gutted but I got really scared about having another day like yesterday. Have two girls to look after in the day so it's almost not an option getting worse. Last night I had to go to bed with a heated neck thing on my head because my headache was so bad! As I've book cbt for next Thursday I think I'm going to give that a go first, then if i don't get anywhere try these again. I hope they work for you though. I hope my diazepam can help me get through the next period now.

Lucyliz, at least you gave them a go. You can always try them again in the future if you feel more able to cope with any side effects. I hope you're feeling a bit better now?
    "In the end we only regret chances we didnt take, relationships we were scared to have, and decisions we waited to long to make. There comes a time in your life when you realise who matters, who doesn't, who never did, and who always will". - Anon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information