Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outside makes me ill

Outside makes me ill

I don't know what is it but as soon as I go outside I feel lightheaded, I feel like I'm not walking on the ground and everything around me seems abit bouncy! I'm not really sure why this happens though...and I'm not sure how I can get rid of this scary feeling everytime I leave the house. Is the outside a phobia of mine? anyone else experienced this please let me know how you deal with it x

Re: Outside makes me ill

I experience the exact same thing. Its awful. It feels like I am on a boat and have to concentrate really hard to walk straight. I've become pretty much housebound because if it :(

Sorry I'm no help but hopefully others will have advice for us both x I have been taking propranolol as the feeling would bring on a full blown panic attack but they're only taking the edge off the panic. I've been prescribed sertraline but too scared to take it.

No it's okay, I have pretty much became housebound too...I do go out but not alone, just too scared incase something bad happens! I take propranolol and i am also on sertraline but only been taking sertraline for 2 weeks so far!

How are you finding the sertraline? I had a bad reaction to citalopram years ago off half a tablet and it put me off all tablets. Im even wary of paracetamol or vitamins. Silly eh! It took me ages to pluck up the courage to take the propranolol. I keep thinking I'll be able to fight this on my own but as the weeks go on I know if I want to get my life back this is the only way? I've seen on here you can get more anxious before you get better. Don't think I could handle that!

So far it hasn't been that bad but I guess everyone reacts differently! Believe me the first night I had to take the tablet it took me a good hour to take it just cos I kept thinking 'what if...?' but then I thought the doctor has gave me these because he thinks they will help so I have to try them. I've been very sleepy, had the odd few headaches and feeling abit nausea, my sleep has changed a bit, I wake up alot during my sleep but get back to sleep easily, I also have a few odd dreams but hey! I have to say tho I have had a few attacks since taken the tablet....about 3 in total but that isn't so bad out of 2 weeks. I'm not so tearful but I don't really feel happy, I'm not sure how I feel. I do feel very exhausted though but these are all my experiences, I can't say the same will happen for you but if the doctor has gave you these tablets they think they will help and sometimes we have to go through some bad times to get to the good ones.

The doctor who prescribed them couldn't have given me them quick enough. He asked s few questions and said I was depressed and off I went with a prescription! I only got the propranolol as I've had those before and at the time I wasn't feeling depressed just anxious all the time. 6 weeks later um no better, just worse and my mood has dipped so saw another doc who said to try them. I need a word with myself lol.

Sorry for hijacking your thread x

Its not unusual when you are experiencing a period of high anxiety to fear leaving the house.Home is usually your comfort zone, so therefore venturing outiside when you are feeling very anxious feels very diffifcult and can make you feel even more anxious..I do not classify myself as agoraphobic but when i have had periods of heightened anxiety/stress i have not felt able to leave the house for weeks and normally i hate not going out...Its irrational like most of the thoughts connected to anx but its what happens..It does eventually get better and you will feel able to go out again and resume some sense of normality..Just takes time..

Quote Originally Posted by Carrera74 View Post
    The doctor who prescribed them couldn't have given me them quick enough. He asked s few questions and said I was depressed and off I went with a prescription! I only got the propranolol as I've had those before and at the time I wasn't feeling depressed just anxious all the time. 6 weeks later um no better, just worse and my mood has dipped so saw another doc who said to try them. I need a word with myself lol.

Sorry for hijacking your thread x
    Don't be sorry! Hmm well you could always just try them, if they don't work out the doctor will advise you to have something else, hope you get it all sorted tho and start feeling better x

Quote Originally Posted by hopeless View Post
    Its not unusual when you are experiencing a period of high anxiety to fear leaving the house.Home is usually your comfort zone, so therefore venturing outiside when you are feeling very anxious feels very diffifcult and can make you feel even more anxious..I do not classify myself as agoraphobic but when i have had periods of heightened anxiety/stress i have not felt able to leave the house for weeks and normally i hate not going out...Its irrational like most of the thoughts connected to anx but its what happens..It does eventually get better and you will feel able to go out again and resume some sense of normality..Just takes time..
    Yeah, guess it will take time! I have been trying to go out though, just not by myself...which I do need to start doing because I have to walk everywhere, I don't have a car so if I can't walk to work and uni I am going to be a bit screwed...damm those lightheaded feelings!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information