Hi, I have posted on various other threads. But would just like to share my experience with others.

I started having symptoms 9-10 weeks ago, at this stage normal stools, but with a slight amount of blood and mucus.

I went to see the doctor who gave a quick examination, and said it was prob piles.He prescribed me stool softeners. DS

So off I went, but the next day I passed a small blood clot, stools were slightly runnier but not diarrhea yet.
Went back to the docs, who then decided it was not piles, and that I required a camera up there for investigation.

The appointment was 4 weeks away and in this time the symptoms became worse, more diarrhea, blood mucus, pain on passing formed stools at times.

Had a consultation at hopital mid june, and they then booked me in for a sigmoidoscopy.

Again during this time my symptoms did not improve, going to the toilet 4/5 times a day by now, blood, mucus, diarrhea, tiredness, urgency, gas.

So roll on another 3 weeks, and finally today I had my sigmoidoscopy, and have been diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis. I am gutted that I have this incurable disease but at the same time relieved it was not worse.

I have been prescribed some drugs to reduce imflamation, so I am going to see how that goes first.

I would really like to speak to people about there experiences and knowledge of Ulcerative colitis, as I am yet to know someone who has..

Rich