Thread: Static/fuzzy vision

Static/fuzzy vision

I've been having this problem for quite some time now. its scary. when i look at blank surface. it looks like static. i also have alot of floaters and after images. is this just anxiety or something more serious?

Re: Static/fuzzy vision

I have this too...all the time, it is scary and the more I notice it then more I see the static/fuzzyness, the floaters and the after images everywhere! I'm hoping it isn't something serious...and even though I have had eyes tested and told the doctor about it I am still convinced it is something really bad! but you are not alone, pm me if you wanna chat about this more cos it's something that is on my mind alot!

I've had that for about two years now, and it freaked me out until I read this paragraph from the entry on visual snow on wikipedia:
    Another suggestion is that visual snow is in fact always there, and it is not until adrenaline levels are raised that people begin to notice it. People who suffer from Anxiety disorders such as GAD (generalised anxiety disorder) often mistake "symptoms" such as visual snow and other natural/normal physiological phenomenons (blue field entoptic phenomenon, floaters, halos, light trails) to be life threatening, when in actual fact they have just not noticed them before.

thanks lizamoran, that just instantly made me feel better about it.

Me To! And ive read that on wiki. I actually read it over and over! I tell myself to forget it it its always there and its hard do to so. It does bother me alot and forgot how it is to see "normaly" im hopin itll gradually fade as i get help

It does look like it is a anxiety thing. Ive read somewhere else that one of the triggers that come up for a reason for this is a traumatic experience includin childbirth. This was said on another site by a member. I seen it as i was flickin through trying to get answers. Can yous hardly not see in the dark?? I notice blind spots in the dark and my eyes take ages to adjust to the dark aswel.

Does anyone get any other symptoms in their vision that accompany this?

I get this all the time too, for the last 8 months or so I've had static/foggy vision with floaters and a good deal of eye pain. Hard to concentrate and read, or even just listen to people because thats all I see.
    I have a multitude of other symptoms like burning sensation, red rash, neck and back pain, headaches, which are all associated with anxiety as well as lyme disease...this scares me quite a bit.
    I hope its all anxiety....it'll be hard to figure out.

Thread Information