Thread: Its spiralling out of control..Agghhhhh

Its spiralling out of control..Agghhhhh

Please help.

After many months being medication free my anxiety has suddenly sky rocketed through the roof. My job at work has changed going from a boring job to a totally crazy cant have spare second to think job with so much stress and I so worried of making a mistake I am frightened to do anything... I am trying as best to learn the new system but my mind is so clogged up it feels as thought my head is full of cotton wool and nothing is sticking in..

I am coming home from work with the feeling have i done this, did I do that, knowing that a big mistake is going to to be inevitable sooner or later.

I lay awake tossing and turning trying to get to sleep but with thoughts of the next day making me feel sick. I wake up wrenching and almost being sick and I am sure this is to do with my anxiety.

I know this is a no no but I have managed to get hold of some sleeping tablets (Zopiclon) which have been helping me to sleep a little but this is also adding to my anxiety feeling I am going to become dependant on them just to get some needed rest.

I am ashamed to talk to anyone about these troubles and don't want to go back on anti depressants and I don't want to talk to my doctor as I feel i have let him down because I know how pleased he was when I finally was managing my anxiety without any medication...

AAhhhhhh Just dont no what to do. Wish I could just start a fresh with a clear head...

Dan

Re: Its spiralling out of control..Agghhhhh

hi dan,

i am so sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. i know how awful it is not being able to sleep when you're feeling bad, it's hideous lying there when you know you need rest and most importantly you just want some time away from yourself and your stress.

what i would say is that your doc would want you to be feeling better and in good health, and if that requires medication right now then so be it. it doesn't mean you'll be on it forever but it's important that you look after yourself and don't add any unnecessary additional pressure into the mix. stress at work can be so utterly debilitating. while i don't have work pressure i was doing a uni course which totally stressed me beyond words and i experienced the same kind of thing of being frozen and and worrying about making mistakes so much so that i couldn't do anything. it's awful when something becomes so all encompassing and interferes with your life so negatively.

all i can say is that you need to look after yourself right now, you can see that work is really upsetting you so it is important that you do something to help yourself. can you talk to a supervisor or somebody about the fact you are a bit overwhelmed? maybe they could lighten your workload a little. if you have a good GP i think going back to see them would be a really good idea right now. there is no shame in it, it's a positive act of self preservation.

hang in there and take good care of yourself.

amy

Amy is right Dan, you really should go back to the doctor. You haven't failed at all, you didn't ask to be given a job with more stress than you can cope with, you had no choice in the matter. Your employment circumstances changed and you can't be blamed for that. Your doctor is there to help you get through this. I have had work stress myself, so I know what you are going through. If this isn't the role you want at work is there any chance of changing back or seeking a new job?

Tyke

Quote Originally Posted by Desprate Dan View Post
    Please help.

After many months being medication free my anxiety has suddenly sky rocketed through the roof. My job at work has changed going from a boring job to a totally crazy cant have spare second to think job with so much stress and I so worried of making a mistake I am frightened to do anything... I am trying as best to learn the new system but my mind is so clogged up it feels as thought my head is full of cotton wool and nothing is sticking in..

I am coming home from work with the feeling have i done this, did I do that, knowing that a big mistake is going to to be inevitable sooner or later.

I lay awake tossing and turning trying to get to sleep but with thoughts of the next day making me feel sick. I wake up wrenching and almost being sick and I am sure this is to do with my anxiety.

I know this is a no no but I have managed to get hold of some sleeping tablets (Zopiclon) which have been helping me to sleep a little but this is also adding to my anxiety feeling I am going to become dependant on them just to get some needed rest.

I am ashamed to talk to anyone about these troubles and don't want to go back on anti depressants and I don't want to talk to my doctor as I feel i have let him down because I know how pleased he was when I finally was managing my anxiety without any medication...

AAhhhhhh Just dont no what to do. Wish I could just start a fresh with a clear head...

Dan
    Dan, Be VERY vareful with Zopiclone. They will screw up your sleeping pattern and they dont give you a good sleep anyway. Please try other relaxant methods before going down the zopiclone path.

Thread Information