Thread: "Letting myself go" !

Unhappy "Letting myself go" !

I dont know if anyone feels the same out there but at the moment and for the last few months ive not been looking after myself, Ive put loads of weight on(even though im paying £20 a month for ww, which I have nt attended) Ive even stopped taking my thyroxine tablets, I just could nt be bothered !! I think it all boils down to this anxiety that I have at the moment. I just dont know how to even begin to get myself back on track to think positive, and feel good about myself again!???

Re: "Letting myself go" !

Won't you put weight on if you stop the thyroxine though?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey, could you try to go back to weight watchers?
    It's hard to eat healthy when you are down and anxious.
    I try to focus on what foods give me all the right vitamins and aim to eat those.
    From what I've read , eggs, green veg peas , carrots , fish , milk , cheese , yogurt and bran, brown rice have a lot of the vitamins you need.
    A lack of vitamins can cause your anxiety to get worse.

I guess the problem is when you stop trying everything gets worse, you need to get better because you feel you deserve to.
    It's all about finding the hope and believing in yourself.
    Making short term goals can give you some thing to aim for,
    Are you getting much support? Getting out and meeting people can help to make you feel more connected.

I'm sorry your having a hard time c

Yh ! that did cross my mind, but Im only on a low dose 10mg, so dont think its that, its more the fact that Im trying to find comfort and doing it with food(been eating takeaways and things that are not good for me!! x x

Thankyou for your reply mishel and everything you said makes sense, so Im going to aim for the short term goals !! (Im aiming to have a nice long relaxing soak in the bath with lavendar oils in) tonight! Thats hard when you have a ten year old in the house who happens to need the loo when youre just about to dip your toes in the water ! haha !!

As for the support I have an appointment with my doc in a few weeks to review "my situation" I have previously had two lots of cbt, which helps at the time but I need to ba able to be my own CBT perswon if you know what I mean, so whenthe bad times hit I know how to deal with it !!! I find this site also helps me tremendously !! speaking to people in the same situation really helps. ! I just need to be proactive and get my self in gear to make new and positive steps!! So Im goona take youre advice and write down small obtainable goals!! So Thankyou !!xxxx

Thread Information