Thread: what the doctor says???

what the doctor says???

I had my little boy 6 weeks ago, after my 1st little girl i had dreadful panic/anxiety mostly due to traumatic experience but it firstly manifested as nasty palpitations!

Saw cardiologist back in 08, given all clear etc, not really bothered me since except odd ectopic when a bit dehydrated.

Since an emergency c-section this time round theyve started up again. i can feel myself in quite a high state of anxiety but not sure which came first...the palpitations which have caused the anxiety, or the anxiety which have caused the palpitations.

Saw my gp today for a 6 week post natal check, told him i was having palps, said it may be due to hormones, i didnt mention anxiety as knew that would immediately get the blame, he took bp - fine/normal, pulse - fine/normal and listened to my heart through stethascope and said rate and rhythm were fine and normal, i had an ecg friday while palps were happening which he looked at and said it looked ok.

if there was a murmer/cardiomyopathy/something up with my heart would it have definately showed on ecg and been heard on stethoscope?
    Im back to constantly worrying that these palps are something more sinister and dont believe the doctor...i can remember bing like this before and i was ok, ggrrrr so annoying.

xxxxx

Re: what the doctor says???

hello, im 31 and have been having constant ectopics, like 4-10 a minute since last october. my gp says DONT worry and they are fine, i had an ecg whilst having my sections and my dr said if i/we had a bad heart something would have been seen during that. Hes checked my pulse, listerned to my heart and says im fine, ive been 8 times, and he just says, that they are SO SO common in women and can last years, then go etc, he gave me antidepressants, but ive just come off them, as they didnt really change things, i worry about them constantly, but dr said unless you are severely breathless or have server chest pain, then.......please leave and live your life, and STOP stressing. like i say i have had these nearly a year, and am starting to think that if there was something wrong, id be ill by now or something!!! but i still worry, im constantly checking my pulse and feel them everytime, its like under my right breast, but i think it could be due to stomach gas too, really not sure. dont worry youll be fine. i also have health anxiety which makes it worse! ha!......I also dont think i would have anxiety/stress/worry if it wasnt for these blighters!! xxxx kate

3. Re: what the doctor says???

HI!

Katie has a good point.

I've suffered with all sorts of ectopics and palps for 12 years!!! If something were wrong I'd either be dead by now or so deteriorated I wouldn't even know what a "good" day is anymore.

It's hard to believe these are common and benign when they are so scary, but try to work on believing that

Thread Information