Thread: Hi, I'm Rachel

Hi, I'm Rachel

I've been looking at this website for a while now and found the information very helpful. I haven't always been an anxious person, my boss at work bullied me and it's all pretty much stemmed from that. Driving, sleeping and making new friends is a challenge. So, hi!

Hi PARR19

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi, I'm Rachel

Thank you

Hi Rachel,
    My boss was like that too. I know it's hard not to take things personally sometimes but please try to either ignore certain remarks or say to yourself; it's that person's problem, not mine. I wish you well.

Hi, thank you for commenting. It's hard as she'd yell at me in front of other co workers and constumers and I feel extremely belittled everytime she does it. I've lost all confidence in myself due to it, I've went to my managers about her as she's only a shift leader and one of them fancy her (it would seem) as he always takes her side and she gets away with murder. When I was off work with stress, my back to work meeting was with a higher member at work and I asked for a shift change and they wouldn't give me one, it stresses me out coming to work, I would look for other work but with the recession and what not it's hard, sorry for ranting on

Hello Rachel,

I have had exactly the same issues with previous jobs and now my current job. I lose friends very easily and its awful :( I find it very hard 2 trust people now. I am 25 years old and since a little girl I can remember being depressed. I am on Prozac right now as I was on Citroplam before but I had to upped to stronger dose. I didnt like Citroplam as I didnt feel they helped me enough but Prozac are better. I started anti depressants in xmas 2009 but before then every xmas I had death thoughts of going to bed and never waking up. My current job ive had to shorten my hours as I can cope with long hours. I seem to be losing this battle though as my boss seems 2 put on these 8hours shifts and tbf I can stand the place.
    I thought id let off some steam
    hope your ok xxx

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the site, you've come to the right place!

Emily xxx

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hi friendlybrunette1986, I understand what you are going through, it's awful. I do 4 8 hour shifts and overtime due to the fact if you say no they guilt trip you and always say 'don't expect any favours' I can't stand the place, but I live in a small town in northern Ireland, I would go further out for jobs but the thought of driving a certain distance everyday makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I hope your situation gets better, no one deserves to be treated like that. I'm on citalopram myself, but I keep trying to get off them because they didn't feel like they were having any effect. I was given diazipam also, but don't want to start becoming reliant on them. I think I'll go back to my GP and talk to her about other options, it feels like sometimes she's just fobbing me off, everytime I go, just talking abou stuff helps, but I feel like I'm complaining to much or she's too busy to listen. I've tried speaking to my fiancé about it too and he's great with it, but things I worry about he sees as stupid and doesn't have time to sit and talk to me about it. I wouldn't expect him to either, like you I haven't many friends, but the ones I do have never have time to listen. Between them working, me working and their problems, I just feel like I have to deal with this myself because i shouldn't be of loading my problems onto others. Sorry for going on

Thread Information